a little nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

a little nervous a little nervous

Unread 07-16-2006, 02:09 PM
a little nervous

I am going in for a partial hysterectomy on the 18th of July. Wow 2 days to go. A little nervous. Reading all these post op of how everyone was feeling. Is it really that bad? I need some good advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2006, 02:16 PM
a little nervous

I go in for a TAH on that same day, I am a little nervous I been cleaning like crazy to stay busy..But I have a strong faith and I know God is with me always...Blessings my sister
Unread 07-16-2006, 02:39 PM
a little nervous

Good luck to you girls on the 18th. I will keep you in my prayers. I am scheduled for a partial hysterectomy July 24 & I am just as anxious & worried. If it is any consolation, two of my girlfriends had partial hysterectomies and had no problems afterwards. My one friend said she never had pain, just sore afterwords, nor did she need post op pain killers. She is 1yr post op & feels great. I hope this is the case for you. As far as calming pre-surgery gitters, I have found praying and the hystersisters web site to be very comforting. good luck & God bless. ---ciana
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2006, 03:16 PM
a little nervous

Thank you for your encouraging words. It makes me feel a little better. I just would like this all behind me. I will let you know how it goes. I will kep you in my prayers on the 24th. Good Luck to you.
Unread 07-16-2006, 03:59 PM
a little nervous

Hello! Today is my 2 month anniversary and I am feeling almost normal. I've been back at work (12hour shifts) for 2 weeks, however only one shift per week. They both went well, the 2nd better than the first.
I had LAVH on a Tues morning and came home Wed morning with no more than ibuprofen and tylenol for pain. I took the advice here and drank lots of water and walked (which happens when you drink lots ). I took my gas-x like clockwork the first few days home, which was a continuation of what they did at the hospital. I had no gas problems and my bowels were regular right from day one. I also had a morning bowl of porridge with a teaspoon of ground flaxseed. I do have swelly belly which has noticably decreased and for which I bought support panties. That really helped as without it, I felt like I was carrying a bowling ball in my belly hanging from the ligament stumps. The ball seemed to get bigger as the day went. This was a big hint that I should lie down-not painful, just uncomfortable. Now I hardly ever get that, in fact only at the end of my 12h shift and it was a smaller ball.
Its no picnic, but if you faithfully follow your doctor's orders and the advice here, you should do well. I am so very glad I had my surgery-I never realized all the pain that I used to have and now don't have that was due to my uterus. I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Unread 07-16-2006, 04:47 PM
a little nervous

I just had A TAH on the 12th and I was terrified, but to my surprise all was welli had four days at the castle sue to unknown fever and no swelly belly i haven't needed alot of pain meds and I have been walking and drinking lots a fluids i just have a little discomfort and soreness but i was real surprised to feel as good as i do after hearing all the stories maybe it is my age because i am pretty young. My advice go on what you feel is right for you, if you do not handle surguries well you might have trouble but if you look on the bright side and think that you will feel better than that you do know you will be well.

I'll keep in in my prayers for all to be well.
Unread 07-16-2006, 05:15 PM
a little nervous

I, too am going for an LSH on 7/18 @ 9:00 a.m. Once I made the decision to have this surgery, I have been very anxious to get it over with. This website has helped to alleviate some of my anxiety and fears.....it's also given me some good ideas too. I've been cooking and cleaning until I'm ready to drop! I have to work half day tomorrow then come home and start drinking the magnesium citrate. Ugh! Well, that'll just be one step closer to feeling better in the long run. Good luck to you!
Unread 07-16-2006, 05:20 PM
a little nervous

My surgery is on the 19th.I've cleaned,cooked and everything else in between! Good luck sister's with your surgerie's.You will be in my thought's and prayer's.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register