Four days to go | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Four days to go Four days to go

Unread 12-24-2004, 06:25 AM
Four days to go

I am having a tah on the 28th. I am really starting to feel nervous & scared. I have had surgeries before(gallbladder(sp), c-section, & removal of right ovary) & I recovered well from them all. But this one has me worried. I am also worrying about dh & how well he will hold up taking care of our boys, home, ect. As funny as this may sound I feel a little guilty that so much responsibility is being put on him. I know I should not worry about that & I am sure he will do fine. But it is still there in my mind. I live in Illinois & the weather has been very cold(windchills of 15 below) So I am worrying to that I will catch a cold & have to cancel & wait even longer. My oldest son just got over a cold & thank goodness I did not catch it, but my sinuses are starting to feel stuffy. With Christmas being tomorrow I worry that if I do get a cold that there will be no one I can call to see about what I can take. I start my bowel prep today with stool softeners with stimulants. This has me worried as well, I am scared that these will make me cramp & not be able to enjoy the holidays with my family. I know this all sounds trivial but my date is soon approaching & reality is starting to set in that I am having this done. I have been so busy with Christmas that my mind only thought about it for a few sceonds. But now my mind is racing. I so hope my recovery goes well & that my pain is minimal. I worry to about my body going into menopause beings I am having everything removed. My Dr which I am very comfortble with said that I will need to wait at least 6 months before starting hormone treatments. So what is that going to do to me? My mood swings right now are horrible. Sometimes I wonder how my family deals with me. I mean I just snap at times & feel like I am going off the deep end & then after I have calmed down I think wow was that really me? This has been going on for a few years now, so I hope this gets better. My dh copes with it, but what about my boys? I do not want them thinking they have a crazy women for a mother. I love them all so much, but I wonder how much they realize that with the way I act sometimes. Being intimate with dh has been a joke on my part. I just do not have any sexual desire & I feel so bad because I know dh thinks it's because I do not find him attractive & that I do not want him. But that is not true. I just do not have that desire as I use to. Here again I am hoping that this has to do with what is going on with my body & that after surgery my I will get better in that dept. This causes alot of problems at times in our relationship. Dh gets really frustrated & I don't blame him, I just don't know how to explain it to him. Well I guess I have babbled enough, thank you all that have read this far. I just needed to get my feelings out there. I am so glad I found this site, I really love reading the posts & hearing about everyone's experiences. It does help alot I am finding out that I am only human & even though I thought I would make it through this with no worries I am finding that I have alot of worries. Take care everyone & hope you all have a very Merry Christmas

Janet
TAH Dec. 28th
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2004, 06:49 AM
Dec 28

Hi, I'm having a TAHBSO 12/27 and I sympathize with you. I also keep feeling like 'm getting sick. I've been taking Zicam, Vit c and regular multivitamins with iron trying to fight anything off. So far so good!
I have packed my suitcase and am cleaning and doing laundry to have everything caught up so my husband doesn't have a lot extra to do. I have a daughter that uses a wheelchair and I worry about her being alone a lot over the holidays. I wish you the best! Stay busy and it will all be over soon! Happy Holidays.
Pat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register