Cry for help...... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cry for help...... Cry for help......

Unread 10-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Cry for help......

To whom it concerns,
I think I am losing it. Went to Dr. yesterday and green light for work. Thought I would be happy, as I have complained enough about it but no. Feel like a dishrag. I slept for 20 hours the other day. Never done that before. DB is a computer nerd, spends time working or gaming. Feel ignored. I got angry yesterday as apartment is awful so hauled the vaccuum, and really vaccuumed, did dishes, boiling mad inside. Well, hurt a bunch. Just feel like exploding. Tired of crying, sick of sleeping. Am on antidepressant and have been for years but they seem to have stopped working because I could just crawl in a hole and forget about stuff. Still have ovaries so hormones are still there. My hair is falling out terribly, and needs a color. I need my toenails painted and can't bend for too long. Need to spend time with DB but no luck there. It is also a very new relationship so still feeling our way about. A few words of wisdom will help if any are up to it. Thanks ladies.

Shelley
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2006, 11:48 AM
Cry for help......

I am so sorry you are going through such a rough time. Even with your ovaries, you could still have hormone imbalance. Ask your Dr. to test your hormones and maybe they can figure out what you need so that you are not so emotional! Good luck and take care of you!
Unread 10-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Cry for help......

Shelley,

Big hugs coming your way!!

It does seem that sometimes in life when it rains it pours...

It hasnt been that long since your hysterectomy so dont be so hard on yourself. Although your hormones may be working... they can be a little out of whack.

I would suggest if you need your hair colored, make you an appt and go do so. And while you are there... get you a nice pedicure too! You deserve to pamper yourself!

As far as finding time to spend with DB. Plan something and explain that you would like to have the evening for just fun... no work, no talk of work, no signs of work, etc. Go have dinner and maybe see a movie.

The biggest suggestion is just to relax and dont be so hard on yourself. It takes awhile to get back into the grove of things. You had major surgery and that alone can cause some depression. Our bodies can change dramatically afterwards and we just need to give it time. In the process, plan things YOU like to do and treat yourself to some pampering days. Always remember to look at your glass half full and not half empty.

Take care,
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Cry for help......

Shelley
I can't come up with any words of wisdom at the moment, but can I give you a warm sincere cyber ?

I wish I could send you to one of those day-of-beauty spas where they cut, color, and style your hair and give you a manicure and pedicure and facial, and a massage, and make-over and nutritional assessment where they know just the right vitamins and foods to make you mentally physically emotionally healthy.

I hope this isn't offensive but I'm wondering if you would be better off without DB? Just a thought from someone who doesn't know a single thing about the situation, except the one sentence you wrote. But, is he always that inattentive? Perhaps it's time to move on without him.
Unread 10-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Cry for help......

I also still have my ovaries but my estrogen levels are very low. I am now on a hormone patch but still having crazy thought and not sleeping. I go back to the dr Thursday for more test. This is might what is going on with you. Just because you still have your ovaries does not mean they are producing enough estrogen. Please call your dr and talk with them.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register