Advise on working ? Please !!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Advise on working ? Please !!! Advise on working ? Please !!!

Unread 07-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Advise on working ? Please !!!

I am seeing my doctor next next week it will be three weeks. She had said going back to work was up to me.I feel good no pain, not much energy I did over due housework Tue and stayed in bed yesterday. Has anyone gone back to work at 3 weeks? I have a desk job no stress and work 4 hours. I cannot go back and leave they hired a temp, so if I go back I stay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2009, 11:32 AM
Re: Advise on working ? Please !!!

I'm not sure what kind of surgery you had, i had an LAVH June 8 and went back to work June 23rd. I sit down all day too. I wish I had come back part time (i work 7.5 hours a day) the first week, because i exhausted myself, but other than that. i've felt fine being back at work.
Unread 07-02-2009, 11:40 AM

what kind of hysterectomy did you have? it really depends on that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-02-2009, 12:41 PM

For your own sake follow you feelings. I personally wouldn't consider anything before 4 weeks or beyond, we are each different.
Unread 07-02-2009, 01:26 PM

Lady, it depends on type of surgery and your body. What type of surgery did you have? Dont rush it, even though you have a sit down job like myself, you can tire easily at this time. I know I am not ready to go back to work, my job is sit down but yet high volume work and can be stressful in the mind! I had a TAH and scheduled off 6-8 weeks per my doc.
Pretty major surgery. Take care of yourself its ok to let your body rest after its been through some stuff like this. Think really hard cause once you are back, you are back!!!!
Unread 07-02-2009, 03:22 PM

I had an enlarged uterus, filbroids and ovaries vaginaly removed. I have not had any pain for over a week .
Unread 07-02-2009, 03:28 PM

I had a LapHysterect with ovaries removed. I went back part time at 3.5 weeks and today is the last day of week 6. My doctor granted me 2 more weeks of 1/2 days because I was concerned at my energy level. I also sit all day. I've found that sitting all day is not good and I need to rotate chairs and go for frequent small walks to the printer.

I'm lucky in that I can work 1/2 days or 3/4 days but I must say I'm only now feeling comfortable working 8 - 9 hour days and still need to take frequent breaks from sitting. I also use my lunch hour to lay flat and try and nap.

This is just my experience...I hope it helps?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register