4 Days to go.....so nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

4 Days to go.....so nervous 4 Days to go.....so nervous

Unread 07-29-2003, 04:47 AM
4 Days to go.....so nervous

Yesterday, I went for my pre-op visit. It took about 3 hours, most of that time was spent waiting for the next physician to call my name. Blood was drawn, met the anesthesiologist, sat with the nurse practioner who explained everything that will be happening to me, then off to have some chest xrays done.

I informed the nurse about my discomfort, also mentioned that recently I have begun to have a lot of pressure in the vagina, almost feels like it is burning a little. I hope that I am not getting an infection.

I am so anxious, had a little crying spell last night. I just want it to be over. Luckily, I am scheduled for surgery at 7:30, first one for the day so there should be no delays.

Dianne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2003, 06:42 AM

Hi Dianne,

Waiting is definintely the hardest part of this surgery, so you're almost over the worst part. Just hang in there, you'll be on the "better" side before you know it.

Between now and your surgery date, try to pamper yourself. Go shopping with friends, out to lunch with your SO, take a hot bubble bath with lots of candles and soft music, go see a play or movie, anything you enjoy doing, go for it. It will help relax you and keep your mind of things.

I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers as you go to the castle.

Best wishes and s,

Lisa
Unread 07-29-2003, 06:49 AM

((( Dianne ))), Lisa gave you some good suggestions for helping those last hard days of waiting pass. I was very nervous before my hyst and did many of them. Oddly enough, I was calm the morning of my surgery - maybe because the wait was finally over.
I'll be that all goes well for you.
S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-29-2003, 11:55 AM

Dear Dianne:

I am in the same position as you right now. Four days to go and I am scared to death. No desire to eat or sleep......Reading all the postings is really helping me get through these last few days. I plan on staying on this site for the next 4 days. All the advise the sisters have given is just so helpful.

Take care and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

izabellari
Unread 07-29-2003, 01:45 PM

Hi Dianne,
I was in your shoes alittle over a week ago. My surgery was July 21. I was so scared. The surgery went fine and I would do it again tomorrow. I will keep you in my prayers.
Unread 07-29-2003, 01:54 PM

Dianne, we have the same surgery date. I did my pre-op visit yesterday, but I did not meet with the "A" man, so Im going to call the office tomorrow to see when I need to do that. I, like you have only 4 days to go, but Im kinda excited about it and can't wait till its all over with. Im having a SAH and have decided to keep my ovaries. I can't wait to feel like " A New Woman" when its all over with. I'm positive that we, as well as all the other LIW, will have a sucessful procedure and a speedy recovery! Chin up Dianne and I will keep you in my prayers!

Dana

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register