Did anyone go back to work at 4 weeks? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did anyone go back to work at 4 weeks? Did anyone go back to work at 4 weeks?

Unread 10-01-2005, 06:28 AM
Did anyone go back to work at 4 weeks?

I had a TAH/BSO with a vertical incision and thought I'd be back to work within 3 weeks. I hit that bump in the 3 week recovery and decided to take the full six weeks. The fact that it happened to annoy the jerk at work was an added bonus. I'm sure if I told the doctor I needed two more weeks he'd give it to me. I work in an outpatient MH clinic so my job isn't normally physical. It is 35 miles from my house though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2005, 06:59 AM

It is great to hear from everyone. Flannelsister, we will have to compare notes since our surgery was only one day different. My main concern is that I won't hurt when I sit in my chair at work for a prolonged period of time. I am going to get up regularly and walk a little bit. Before my surgery I had a lot of back pain when I sat for long periods because of my endo so I hope my surgery took care of it.
Unread 10-01-2005, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann45
My GYN said if my job was flexible I could return to work at 4 weeks, otherwise it would be 6 weeks. I do medical transcription and can set my own hours up to a point. I will be sitting and typing. I had a LAVH and RSO. I am feeling much better but my GP said he thought I should wait until 6 weeks because my body needs time to heal. I see my GYN next Wednesday and am thinking maybe I should just go back part time until the 6 week mark. Wanted to see what you all thought. Thanks,

Ann
I'm 5 weeks tomorrow and I'm working at my husbands restaurant tomorrow. I feel I'm ready for that. It's part time till I go back full time at my regular work on Oct. 11th. I guess I'm going to see how I do. I feel good, I been taking it slowly around the house but I'm also listening to my body as well. Part time might work out.
I guess I'll post back on how tomorrow goes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-01-2005, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann45
It is great to hear from everyone. Flannelsister, we will have to compare notes since our surgery was only one day different. My main concern is that I won't hurt when I sit in my chair at work for a prolonged period of time. I am going to get up regularly and walk a little bit. Before my surgery I had a lot of back pain when I sat for long periods because of my endo so I hope my surgery took care of it.
When are you planning to start back. my dr appt is tomorrow and I think I have decided to get him to release me for part time until the 6th week. If he is o.k. with that. You never know the dr might tell me absolutely not until 6 weeks. Usually he is pretty good about listening to me. I have noticed that when I sit for a long time at the comp my incision area starts to feel uncomfortable, but when I get up and walk around I start feeling better. So, while at work I will just have to take walks every once in a while. I just don't know if I should work in the morning (8:00 till 1:00) or in the afternoon (1:00 till 5:00). I am afraid that if I go in the morning that I will not want to leave and overdo it. Before the hyst I hated to leave for lunch b/c I would rather work. I guess I am a little bit of a work aholic. I have to admit I love my job and I miss it especially when my kids are at school. We are going to have t stay in touch. PM me anytime to tell me how you are doing. Let me know when you are planning to go back.
Unread 10-02-2005, 04:32 AM

I went back to work four hours a day after 4 weeks. My belly bothered me. Sitting was uncomfortable. I iced up when I got home. The next week, I went full time and felt fine. Belly is almost gone! Yea!
Unread 10-02-2005, 06:59 AM

I went back to work full time (TAH) at 4 weeks..I stand and walk a lot. I felt that I did pretty well with the surgery and tried to prepare myself at home by walking everyday for 45-50 minutes...I made it through the first day, but when I got home...I was sooooooo tired....the first week was rough but the second week was better. If you can go back half days, I would suggest it at least the first week.....I probably should have tried that first...The fatigue was pretty bad. Believe what you read on this website about the fatigue.....
Unread 10-02-2005, 12:04 PM
Going Back in the 4th week

I am a dental assisitant am going back to work next week for one day only. I feel great just get tired sometimes and need to nap (which I did before surgery too.)

Good luck ,

Sherry

LAPH on Sept. 7th
Unread 10-02-2005, 12:08 PM
Sex???

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Canadian
I had my 4 wk check yesterday..and got the go ahead to go back to life as we all knew it..I'm going into work next week...I can't wait!!! I'm feeling great..
We all heal differently..but I've been blessed with an easy recovery..
And the best...I can have sex!!! OMG..I can't wait!!! hugs to you!!

My Dr. told me to wait 6 weeks! You are lucky!

Sherry
Unread 10-02-2005, 01:32 PM
back to work too soon?

I went back to work at 5 weeks. Its been 2 months since my hysterectomy. My doctor gave me restrictions, no lifting anything over 10 lbs. for a few months. I work with special needs children. Was very tired at the end of the day. Just remember to take breaks, close your eyes and relax for a few minutes. Don't overdo it at home either. Pamper yourself every now and then.
Unread 10-02-2005, 08:47 PM

I'm 5 weeks today and went and spent a crazy evening at a fancy restaurant making customers happy.

I am so0oo tired. I will let you know how I feel in the morning. If I can move........ then it wasn't that bad.

Did I mention you ladies are great?!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register