Scheduled LSH Tomorrow the Big Day! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Tomorrow the Big Day! Tomorrow the Big Day!

Unread 06-15-2009, 04:31 AM
Tomorrow the Big Day!

Hi all.....

Just wanted to say Thank you to all that have helped me
thu this long waiting period. Tomorrow I go, and I am ready, scared but ready....You all have been so much help.
And I dont think I could have made it through all this without knowing I am not the only one going thu this....

I have done all I can do to pass the time, cleaning, gosh have I cleaned, carpets, laundry, and anthing else that I could get my hands on, in hopes that I can relax and not drive myself nuts worrying about everything that needs to be done, I am going to do my best to worry about me for once, and take care of myself, and let the rest go, I can get to that later.....

So here is to posting on the other side in a few days.....

And again , thanks to everyone for all the help and support, I could not have done it without you!

and a Special Thank you to:
Marisela
Hyster Sister
Crown Jewels
Hysterectomy: May 26th, 2009

She has been an inspiration, and a ear that I will never forget!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2009, 07:51 AM
Re: Tomorrow the Big Day!

Hope all goes well for you at the castle. See you on the other side

Wanda
Unread 06-15-2009, 08:32 AM

You'll be so relieved to have it over with. I'm 5 days post op and doing great! Everything I learned on this site helped so much.

I predict that tomorrow you will experience a calm you did not imagine - you are ready.

Here is what I learned for your first few hours in your room after operation:

ask for anti-nausea meds as soon as you feel any nausea (if you do). My nurse waited until I threw up 3 times to make sure I was sick enough...not necessary. As soon as I got the meds, was never sick again.

Don't drink the sweet juices - was told by the nurses that they add to nausea.

Other than that, rest, sleep, relax - how often do you have a team of people taking care of you?

All the best!

Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-15-2009, 05:43 PM

Tomorrow is my day also, I have cleaned, scrubbed and changed all the linens in the house! I don't know what has come over me, a way to keep the body and mind occupied. See you on the other side. Hope to be posting by Saturday.
Unread 06-15-2009, 05:53 PM

good luck, i hope everything goes well for you
Unread 06-15-2009, 06:17 PM

GOOD LUCK!

Wish i could be joining you. Glad you have enough energy to get some work done. Did you have to do a prep?
Unread 06-15-2009, 06:24 PM

Many prayers and blessings for a safe surgery and healthy, uneventful recovery. We'll all be thinking of you!!
Unread 06-15-2009, 06:52 PM

Best wishes!

See you on the "other side", sister!
Unread 06-15-2009, 07:03 PM

Hi Vette_happy,

I also had a LSH and it is still one of the best things I ever did for my long term health. I hope you have similar results.

Best wishes~

Mary
Unread 06-15-2009, 07:28 PM

Sending you good vibes! You are going to like finally being on the 'other side.' It is such a relief! All the best!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register