Question - Sisters I Need Your Help - | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question - Sisters I Need Your Help - Question - Sisters I Need Your Help -

Unread 05-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Question - Sisters I Need Your Help -

Just got off the phone with DR. Been experiencing pain and spotting 11 weeks post op. Still very large, hard, tender swelly belly - also sutures not totally dissolved. TAH/BSO - massive endo, adno, adhesions, scar tissue, right overy shrunk, left ovary so swollen, pushing on bowel badly. Endo and adno all over bowels, bladder, etc.
Here is the thing - had ultra sound today - every thing looks O.K. - no masses, no blood clots - Dr. is now recommending to go off of the Premarin I have been on since day after surgery. He thinks there is a good chance the premarin is simulating endo or adno symptoms and the massive looking belly is because of simulation AND the endo could grow back because of me being on premarin.
My swelly belly is so bad - I was a size 12/14 day of surgery - more a 12 - now 11 weeks after I went to the store to buy 18/20's. No massive weight gain, all my rings and things still fit - it is just massive belly, like I am pregnant. Weight now @ 180.. at 5'2"
Ever hear of such a thing and please.....input on the cold turkey premarin stopping -
I am scared to death!!!!!
Zella
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2007, 07:54 PM

I cant help you never been on that. But wish you luck and feel beter.
Hugs
Lisa
Unread 05-18-2007, 07:57 PM

feel better soon...wish i had some answers for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-19-2007, 06:32 AM

Zella, I am so sorry you are still swelly and hurting. I have never heard of this but hopefully someone will come along with a been there done that story. Could this be a reaction to drugs? Like an allergy maybe, and the swelling is all internal?

I will say a prayer things get better quick.

Sandra
Unread 05-19-2007, 06:43 AM

Thanks for you throghts and prayers.. My DS thiought it may be an allergic reation to the sutures and that every time I get an infection - have had 4 in 11 weeks, and they put me on meds, it makes the healing process slow down...
As far as the Premarin - I have no idea what to think. The thought that it may cause endo scares the heck out of me. Why didn't the Dr. tell me that 3 months ago? Now, after I have gotten use to lessened hotflashes and minimal night sweats, now as my emotions start to balance out - whamo - stop the premarin and go through surgical menapause like I would of gone through 11 weeks ago had he not started me on the Premarin -
I am so upset and scared, I hope there are sisters out ther with input. I will also try the Homone Jungle and post there...
Thanks again Sisters - blessings and love - Zella

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register