17 days post op and frustrated!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

17 days post op and frustrated!!!!! 17 days post op and frustrated!!!!!

Unread 11-12-2011, 03:26 PM
17 days post op and frustrated!!!!!

I'm getting so frustrated and discouraged. On second round of antibiotics for UTI following TVH. Felt ok very few of the past 17 days, it's like i take 2 steps forward and 3 back. I actually was feeling pretty good yesterday, still took it easy I didn't want to jinx myself, but today i have had terrible achy throbbing pain in my back and nausea. I really didn't expect to feel as lousy as I have. I'm also an emotional wreck, cry at the drop of a hat and have wonderful night sweats. Will this get better???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Re: 17 days post op and frustrated!!!!!

Yes, it will. It takes time. You are having additional complications due to your UTI so please pamper yourself. Drink lots and lots of water to keep your system flushed out. Have you read our hysterectomy checkpoints? It might help you realized that it is common to take one step forward and two back. I am sending healing thoughts in the hope you feel better soon.
Unread 11-12-2011, 03:46 PM

I can totally sympathize with you. I remember when I was recovering that it felt like one step forward and then five back. I had an allergic reaction to latex on day three of my recovery that resulted with me on antihistamines for about two weeks to stop the reaction. It really slows down the recovery. You are recovering from a UTI so you need to quit being so hard on yourself. It is a process of recovering so try to let yourself heal. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water to help flush everything out. Sending gentle hugs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2011, 04:12 PM

yes, it gets better. I slept as much as I could and watched mindless TV. Get out and walk around your block, slowly. 10 min max 2-3 times a day, until you feel stronger. Time is your cure and friend, enjoy it and just let some pass. measure how well you feel week over week, not day by day. patience! :-)
Unread 11-12-2011, 04:24 PM

Thank you ladies It is comforting to know there are those who truly know what you are going through. I appreciate the advice and encouragement!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register