Scheduled TAH Huge fibroid, haemorrhoids and allergic reaction | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Huge fibroid, haemorrhoids and allergic reaction Huge fibroid, haemorrhoids and allergic reaction

Unread 11-02-2012, 03:18 AM
Huge fibroid, haemorrhoids and allergic reaction

Hi everyone,

Do you know whether a large fibroid like mine could cause haemorrhoids? It is equivalent to 32 weeks pregnancy in size. About a week ago I started noticing haemorrhoids, which I have not experienced since I was last pregnant eight years ago.

I used a remedy from the pharmacy but fairly soon the itching was far worse and had spread from back to front (everywhere "down below"!). I am now taking Piriton and the allergic reaction is still there but not as severe as it was.

I have realised (finally!) that this is what happened to me during my last pregnancy. Neither I nor the doctor I saw realised that I was allergic to the haemorrhoid cream and I had six weeks of misery. It seems I'm allergic to zinc oxide and maybe to balsam of Peru. I knew I had a sticking plaster allergy.

It doesn't help having a period at the same time with the sanitary protection making everything hot and airless.

I even saw my GP on Weds and didn't even mention it because I had gone to talk about the forthcoming op. At the end he asked if he could have a feel of my uterus and when he did, kept saying "You poor thing". It is nice to have some sympathy from the medical profession at last, but I'm not used to it!

Feeling very miserable. It doesn't help that husband keeps bossing me around telling me to try this and try that. The allergy was so severe that I didn't think it would help to try anything else until the irritation had subsided. He always thinks he has to solve everything.

In need of tea and sympathy, and if anyone knows of any natural antidote for the itching and soreness, I would be very grateful.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2012, 03:52 AM
Re: Huge fibroid, haemorrhoids and allergic reaction

Awww thats horrible. Im sorry to hear your in such misery. To answer your question I would imagine that yes it could be the cause of the hemmoroids, just like when preggers it is putting pressure on all the southern regions. As for relief Im not sure perhaps sitting in a tub of warm water. I just really wanted to send you good thoughts and wish you the best of luck.
Unread 11-02-2012, 08:24 AM

I also have a huge fibroid and have developed haemorrhoids. Haven't done anything to treat them though, just sufferring through it hoping they will go away after surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2012, 09:03 AM

Thank you Irishnik and Midsis. I am doing the bath thing twice a day which helps a little. Glad to know not only me who has this problem.
Best wishes to both of you.
Unread 11-02-2012, 09:46 AM

ooo that's awful... I also find some of those creams make me itch and sting - I never know what to use. I have a little split on the outer edge now that really stings and is itchy and have tried using nothing at all, but it won't go away. Tried Germolene BAD, Vaseline made it sticky and worse, Anusol AWFUL - it's not bad enough to bother the GP with but very annoying at night.
I hadn't thought about the link between piles and fibroids - i did get them for a while last year, maybe there was a link. Not noticed any piles since the op, just this little split thing.

Hope the itch/scratch/nastiness goes down soon xxx
Unread 11-02-2012, 10:26 AM

I had hemorrhoids after I delivered my son. I would say definitely all that pressure of your uterus could cause them. What my midwife suggested (and seemed to work for me) was getting witch hazel pads and using a little dab of Preparation-H as glue to stick them to my bottom, and just leave them stuck there. Wear a pad so it doesn't make your panties messy (I was wearing one anyway post-partum).

You could try it without the Prep H or with a little vaseline, or just see if they'd stay on their own. But you may not be allergic to witchhazel and they did provide me with a lot of relief.

Hopefully this will all be behind you soon!
Unread 11-02-2012, 02:58 PM

Hi Kaz Waz and mlc,
Thanks for your replies. I will try the witch hazel idea. Yes, Anusol caused the allergic reaction, Vaseline then made me itch more and Germolene no help. Feel better with nothing but my skin has gone very dry. I think I'll wait for the reaction to resolve and then try the witch hazel and prep H. Still itching but I think the Piriton is helping.
Thanks to you both.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register