Scheduled TLH Had Pre-Op today...Long appointment | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had Pre-Op today...Long appointment Had Pre-Op today...Long appointment

Unread 08-03-2011, 06:59 PM
Had Pre-Op today...Long appointment

Had my pre-op appointment today. Good grief, I didnt realize it was going to take half the day. Besides appointment with my Dr. I had to get an ekg, chest xrays, visit admissions dept. and Surgical dept to get all set up. Then off to the pharmacy to pick up that yucky stuff you gotta drink the day before. My surgery is scheduled for Next Tuesday (Aug 9) so on Monday (before I drink that stuff) I have to back to hospital and have lab work done. I didnt realize there was so much to preop. Good grief charlie brown... LOL
Thought I was only having a LSH but found out because I have had two abnormal paps in the last year I will now be having a TLH....I guess better to get rid of the cervix now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Re: Had Pre-Op today...Long appointment

I didn't realize pre op was going to take that long. I go next Wednesday, guess I'll plan on taking the entire day off work!
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:08 PM

Wow. My pre-op at hospital took about 90 mins. Blood wtok, EKG, and loads of questions. Pre-op with doctor on Friday.

My surgery also on the 9th.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-03-2011, 07:15 PM

I wish I had only spent 90 mins....LOL...however, this was at a military hospital...they usually arent in much of a hurry. :-)...I just hope it doesnt take long when I go in and get the blood work done on Monday since I am suppose to drink that stuff about an hour after breakfast. I live 40 mins away too. Of course I will drink it after I get home.
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:20 PM

I'll be calling dr tomorrow to find out if I will have to go to hosp after dr's pre op appt. Hosp is across town from doctors office. Just one more thing to stress over. UGH!
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:51 PM

I have surgery the 9th also. I saw my dr last tuesday and then went from his office to the hospital which is connected. The hospital took 2 hrs: lab work, talk to anesthsia ect... no ekg since I had one last yr.

I will be thinking of everyone Mon as I have to do the prep too.
Unread 08-03-2011, 07:53 PM

I was lucky because I had an EKG and chest x-rays done as part of my physical in June, and they're good for several months. So all I had to have done at my pre-op was talk to the doc and get blood drawn.
Unread 08-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Had Pre-Op today...Long appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectJewel View Post
I wish I had only spent 90 mins....LOL...however, this was at a military hospital...they usually arent in much of a hurry. :-)...I just hope it doesnt take long when I go in and get the blood work done on Monday since I am suppose to drink that stuff about an hour after breakfast. I live 40 mins away too. Of course I will drink it after I get home.
Perfectjewel,
I feel you. I had my surgery at a military hospital also. Pre op took all day. Going to all the places and it was doing lunch time too. Everyone was moving so slow. Don't get me started on the lab, lordy, lordy. I can say that the day of suergery went smoothly. Evevryone was excellent. Hope you ladies have a smooth surgery and recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register