Had sex in 2nd week LAVH... now what? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had sex in 2nd week LAVH... now what? Had sex in 2nd week LAVH... now what?

Unread 07-07-2005, 02:07 AM
Had sex in 2nd week LAVH... now what?

I am oficially only 1 week 4 days post-op and had sex. Now what? I'm not talking about a rodeo or anything but he did ejaculate inside. Now, I am not sore, bleeding, swelly belly or anything like that- just nervous. My Dr gave no such advices that I find here about sex or otherwise. I saw him for 2 seconds before surgery "Any Questions" - I said "No". Next time I saw him was 27 hours later him asking " Do you wanna go home?" - "Yes" - "You did great". That was the extent of our conversation- seriously! I didn't even know that I had stiches or a vaginal cuff or anything! I love my Dr. don't get me wrong there was just a lack of information on his part (I just didn't know enough to know I didn't know). So, having said that what should I do? Is there anything that I can do? What are the chances of infection?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2005, 03:15 AM

If you are not sore or bleeding, this is a good sign, meaning you probably didn't damage the stitches.

However an infection would not show up immediately.
I'd call the dr , he might suggest a specific antibacterial douche BUT PLEASE DO NOT DOUCHE WITHOUT THE DOCTOR'S INSTRUCTIONS and I'd keep an eye on temperature which could be an indicator of infection.

Unread 07-07-2005, 03:44 AM

That just really amazes me you had no dishcharge papers on coming home. I also had an LAVH. I was told no sex for 6 weeks. I was aloud to resume other things at week 4. But wasn't aloud to have sex. I'm really surprised you didn't tear some stitches and start bleeding. I did bleed or should say spotted for 3 to 4 weeks post-op. I was still loosing stitches at 6 weeks. Like the other sister said I would contact him, and see what he has to say. Would hate to see you get a set back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2005, 05:16 AM

Wow!! The way my pelvic region felt after having total hysterctomy, I wouldn't have dreamed of having sex...that would been a ouchy for me. That's amazing you felt well enough down there to even attempt it! I am glad to hear you are doing soooo well.

I would difinitely give the Dr. a call, and like Cas29 said keep an eye on temp for a few days even if you don't feel hot to the touch. My doctor said no sex until he released me, and I went on Tuesday for my 5 week post op and have to return in 2 more weeks, as I am still healing and he could see stitches. Until then I still am on restrictions not to have sex, bath in tub, or swim. Outercourse is okay, so you should really stick to that until you hear from your Dr. I am really surprise by the lack of communication about this topic from your Dr. and discharge papers. Dr.'s say nothing in vagina due to introduction of bacteria etc. that can cause infection.

Hope all goes well, and nothing happens but please contact your Dr. to ask him about this sex topic.
Ask him about taking baths and swimming too as mine won't let me, but seen some other sisters where it was okayed by their Dr.'s.
Unread 07-07-2005, 06:02 AM

Wow,
My Dr released me to resume normal activities at 2 weeks sex included,but there was no way
i could bring my self to that(Ouch)I am now 8 weeks post-op,and resumed relations with my dh last week.Like everyone else said,keep an eye on your temps.hope you continue to have a good recovery.

to you
Lynn LAVH/BSO may 11th

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register