Pre-op FEARS! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op FEARS! Pre-op FEARS!

Unread 01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
To Nervous Nelly and others, a ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nervous_nelly
Today, three weeks out, I am sitting at the computer very comfortably.
I wonder, did anyone have trouble sitting in an upright position from posterior pain? Would it be a waste of money buying a tush ring? Is it even necessary? Just a question since mine will be vaginal and don't know how much "stretching and pulling" they will be doing...

Also, I wonder if it isn't too late to begin using my bender ball...would that be a help or hinder?

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Pre-op FEARS!

I had anterior and posterior repairs with my tvh so yes, sitting was hard for the first two weeks. After third week it is much improved. I did not use a donut pillow but have seen on here that some gals did a loved them. I even saw a post about someone using one of those memory pillows and would not be without it. I am not sure what just a tvh will be pain wise regards to sitting. I would think it would be better as less surgery. Have to get input from someone who had just that. Best of luck to you!
Unread 01-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Pre-op FEARS!

Im not even sure what Ill need after surgery Im so overwhenmed with all the products ...UG UG
sisterrose
Unread 01-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Pre-op FEARS!

Don't feel you need to run out and purchase a whole bunch of items. The following are what made me comfortable in my recovery.

#1: Make sure you have stool softners and high fiber foods. Start eating high fiber foods the week before your surgery so bowels are on track prior to surgery. This was the best advice I found on here as you do not want to become constipated. I found prune juice works well for me - a small glass 3 times a day. Fiber One brand cereal - a bowl everyday. My doctor told me to take 2 stool softners 2 times a day but that was because I suffer from chronic constipation. Your doctor will let you know what they recommed for you.
#2: Squirt bottle for keeping area clean after every bathroom trip. Warm water feels great down there - is very soothing. My hospital gave me one when I left. If you have 2 bathrooms, ask for 2 bottles.
#3: A can of Dermoplast (blue and white can) is a life saver! Make sure it is ok with your doctor but that is what they give new mommies to put on episiotomy area after they have had a baby. This is the same thing if you have the posterier repair. It is a pain relieving spray. Again, keep a can in each bathroom for easy access.
#4 OTC pain meds like Tylenol to use after you stop using the pain pills your doctor prescribed for you. Your doctor can give you advice on which ones to use. Some of the narcotic type pain pills can cause constipation so I stopped using them as soon as I could and switched to Tylenol. You should decide this with the help of your doctor.

That is pretty much it for me. I did not use any special pillow. Just had to sit sideways a lot or lay stretched out. I did put one of our older and flatter bed pillows on my computer chair as it is not padded very well. Other items are crossword puzzles, books, magazines etc so you have something to do while you are taking it easy. Pretty simple really. Hope this helps. This is only what worked for me. You and your doctor should decide what is best for you. Best wishes and good health to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register