abdominal | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-07-2010, 04:00 PM
abdominal

vertical abdominal hyst on march 19!
20 days later and my incession still hurts,but looks good
definetly getting better....but wish it were quicker. still taking advil for some abdominal pain,,and swore i was satying up all day today..no naps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-07-2010, 04:06 PM
Re: abdominal

I had the robotic davince hysterectomy on Feb. 22 and I still get pain and get tired. The worst is the swelly belly, I feel like it will never go away!
Unread 04-07-2010, 04:16 PM

I had a TAH / BSO on 3/18 with a vertical incision too. I am feeling pretty good with some incision tenderness. Has been taking motrin but this week switched to aleve only once a day. Took a long slow walk on a flat trail with DH today and rested for a few hours in afternoon.

I have had foot (both) and left calf numbness / tingling since surgery (very annoying) but at 3 weeks now I notice it is much much less. Dr said it was from the positioning and retractors during the 2 1/2 hr surgery affecting nerve endings and that it would subside in about a month. I am glad it seems to be because after the I itial pain of first 10 days or so the numb feet was the worst thing.

I am not doing anything I am not supposed to a d am taking a full 8 weeks off. Not that we can really afford it but when I go back to my 2 jobs I want to be closer to 100%..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-09-2010, 06:46 PM

my family dr sent mr for a ultrasound today.. just to make everything inside is good..my incession looks fine on the outside.i had to drink 4 glasses of water..uggg...than the device rolling over my sweely belly... ohh what an afternoon.
..i guess the vertical incession takes longer to heal. and age is a part of it tooo....
Unread 04-22-2010, 08:08 AM

how are yoiu doing now..i still have some pain @ 5 weeks post op..i guess more discomfort than pain,,,
i just want to be better...i stll get tired soooo easy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register