also having total hyst this Friday Jan 19th | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

also having total hyst this Friday Jan 19th also having total hyst this Friday Jan 19th

Unread 01-15-2007, 07:15 AM
also having total hyst this Friday Jan 19th

Hello to the ladies this morning!
I'm also having a TAH this Friday, and really didn't have the decision to make regarding what to keep and what not to. After 'scoping' in September, my doctor confirmed the numerous ovarian cysts and fibroids, but the endometriosis was much more widespread than he thought, and advised 'all needs to go'. I tried waiting to see if I could go back on birth control pills, hoping it would help with the endo for awhile - was supposed to go right after the holidays and adopt my daughter from Ukraine! But, after one month, I called his office and asked 'could he do it tomorrow?' I was in such pain again, and sick at my stomach from the pills. The nurse's reply? "You Go, Girl!" She had the same last year. Everyone I've spoken to who's had this says I'll feel so much better - I hope so!
Now that I've rambled, I suppose since I won't have ovaries, I'll be on HRT. Pre-op appt is tomorrow, so I'll hear a lot of info from doc, but I'd love to hear from anyone here about their experience starting this.
Sorry to be so long - I have sons in the house, and they don't want to discuss this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-15-2007, 08:00 AM

I had my TAH/BSO and started HRT 4 days out of surgery. I was so scared and confused about starting a hormone, as you can see in my signature I am only 27 and thought that I was too young to be on HRT, well after a few episodes with major hot flashes, I decided to start the HRT. It literally sat on my counter for 2 days before I would get the nerve to take it, I am glad I have, the only down fall from HRT was headaches, so I split the pill in half and have been doing fine with that. If you visit the "hormone jungle message board" you you find some interesting things there. I do feel so much better since I have had my TAH, I go tomorrow for my 6 week post op, so I havent been cleared for the "deed" yet, so I have not experienced that yet. Just remember to stay positive, attitude has a lot to do with healing, let anyone and everyone wait on you. Don't do a thing. this is your time to heal, you only have one time to do it right. you will be in my prayers, keep us posted on your progress.
Unread 01-15-2007, 08:52 AM

Making the decision is the hardest point isn't it? Its like once you know this is what your going to do, lets get it over with....

My surgery was for fibroids but Dr had put me on Lupron ahead so when the pain I was in stopped, I knew I had Endo. I think I was the only one who wasn't surprised when they found it. I had it on my bowels (it remains), filled my 'cul de sac', adhered on my bladder,....the list just goes on....I found my surgical report fascinating.

I wanted to say my incision pain wasn't too bad but I had 2 sore internal spots for a couple weeks. I think they were from where they removed large areas of endo. I say this because so many don't seem to have 'deep' pain after the first couple of days but endo removal can be quite painful (not like a '7' or anything but noticable and lingering).

Then again, if you have had severe pain from your endo, it might be less than that was.

I kept my ovaries and am now kind of sorry I did that. I am living day by day with the same aches I had pre-op and I think its my endo coming back with a vengance. I keep saying I need to find a good endo resource, I guess I'm just avoiding it in some form of stupid denial.

Best wishes with your surgery.

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register