Ready to get this over with | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ready to get this over with Ready to get this over with

Unread 11-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Ready to get this over with

I am having my TVH with Bladder Tack on December 6th. My friends mom just told me I'm going to ruin my whole Christmas! Is she right? I don't want to postpone, I've waited too long and I'm so ready to get this over with!! Please tell me I'm doing the right thing! I feel like such a basket case.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:04 AM

Hi Alfreda,

In my opinion...I think instead of ruining your X-mas...you will be giving yourself the biggest gift of all...your quality of life back. Waiting for a hyst can be the hardest part so I hear you...that you want to get it over with. So, by X-mas day...you can be sitting down to a family/friend dinner and know your surgery is behind you...and good health is in store for you for 2008.

Sending best wishes~

Mary
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:24 AM

I had my hysterectomy just under 2 weeks before Christmas and nothing was ruined. I can see someone telling you that if they're relying on you to do all of the work surrounding the holiday and don't want to have to do any of it themselves - in that case, they're the ones ruining Christmas with their selfishness! As for your friends mom making that statement - how can she possibly know that???

You seem to have made your peace with your decision so don't let anyone talk you out of it. Ignore those naysayer's! You go ahead with your surgery and enjoy a nice relaxing Christmas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:34 AM

You go girl! You may not be able to prepare a gourmet meal or slide down the chiminey, but you will NOT ruin your Christmas! I am having a TAH-BSO 4 days after you and I am looking forward to feeling better! Let them wait on you this year don't push yourself and this may be your best Christmas ever! Remember you have to put your health first! Just think how often do we get to sit back and let someone else clean up the mess?
Have a great Christmas, I know I will!
Unread 11-28-2007, 10:50 AM

I agree with Mary. You are not ruining your Christmas. You are giving yourself the best gift you ever could... you are giving yourself your life back. Sure you may not be up and running, making meals for 10, helping local retailers set new sales records with your non stop shopping or putting your home into the running for the most elaboratly decorated home in town but you can do all of that next year... and do it without pain, discomfort, stress and the overall felling of blah that comes with all of the issues that are requiring this hyst.

This year.. you get your life back. No more scheduling trips, work, everyday duties around pain and bleeding. You get to sleep thru the night again without having to get up constantly to urinate. You get to rediscover what "feeling like yourself" actually feels like. Sounds corney as heck I know but I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and I cannot begin to tell yoou how much better I feel. I was just telling a friend that if it's true that you don't really feel truly back to normal for 4-6 months, then the world better look out because if it gets better than how I feel even now, there will be no stopping me in 6 months.

Personally, this was the best thing I could have ever done for myself. Christmas is one day. This surgery is one of those gifts that really does keep on giving. To heck with Christmas, just think of how great New Years will be when you get to celebrate a whole new year and a whole new you.
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:14 AM

Well I am having mine done Dec 17 , 2007 so your not alone, I am doing it then because I work at school so I did it so that I would have 3 weeks off with out missing school. Don't worry about it its your decesion. You go girl! We are all here for you!
Unread 11-28-2007, 11:32 AM

There's nothing like being off your feet to sit back and reflect on what Christmas is really about. It's not about presents and food and spending hours on both, but rather friends and family, and that can never be ruined (depending on the friends and family of course!).

You'll have a much nicer Christmas knowing that this is behind you, rather than having Christmas clouded by any anxiety around your surgery.

Hope everything goes well for you!
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:16 PM

What is it with people? Does everyone have to have a negative opinion when they see a person happy? What does she do on Christmas? Maybe she is a skier who typically toasts the holiday at the top of her fave resort?

What can be better than relaxing with friends and family a few weeks after major surgery on a typically hyper-holiday? I just canceled my own hysterectomy for now but was getting it on the 14th and happily anticipating a low-key, pleasant Christmas.

Merry Christmas-- I know yours will be happy!
Unread 11-28-2007, 12:19 PM

i'd make sure your shopping is done before your surgery since you dont know how soon you'll be up to shopping. other than that..how can a surgery that will make you feel better ruin anything? you will have a great holiday being pampered
Unread 11-28-2007, 01:23 PM

I am working on my christmas shopping this weekend...my TAH is scheduled for Dec.5th. I have 2 college aged kids and I care for my mother (who is an amputee). i also work at a school. This is the best time for me as my daughter will be home soon for christmas break and I won't have to use all my sick days at one time. I am a little nervous about the surgery and how it will affect the holiday's for my family, but after being in the hospital receiving 4 pints of blood and carrying these fibroids around I am ready to get back to living also...Good luck to everyone with their surgeries and May god be with you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register