post-op swelling | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post-op swelling post-op swelling

Unread 02-17-2013, 08:49 AM
post-op swelling

I am six months post TAH. Is it possible that I still have some swelling after all this time? It feels and looks swollen to me, but my husband thinks I need to diet and exercise (which I am doing). Just curious if it is still swelling or not? Would love to hear other peoples experience in this. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2013, 09:33 AM
Re: post-op swelling

I'm well over 4 mths and definitely still swollen. I read it can last a yr. very unexpected side effect of surgery!
Unread 02-17-2013, 09:46 AM

Ohhh that swelly belly, that can hang around for such a long time. Can't say for sure how long it lasts. Being able to tell the difference between the swelly belly and the fat was and is a little cloudy for me LOL

It can take up to a yr for you to get to 100%. Sometimes the swelling increases with activity. I know for me when I exercised too much, I would swell and had to back off some. Frustrating, but dealing with that, sure was better than my life before

Your body went through a lot. Give it time. Your husband doesn't understand and probably won't since he figures you look fine and thinks that it been long enough and there should be no more residual effects, but he's wrong. Don't feel bad. You'll get to where you need to be.
Hang in there

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-17-2013, 11:43 AM

I had very minimal swelling so for 8 months I wondered if it was fat or swelling. When the roll/shelf/sausage/whatever you want to call it over my incision disappeared, I knew it was swelling. Give it time!
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:07 PM

Thank you all for being so incredibly helpful! xoxox
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:30 PM

I am a but puffy too...but thought it was due to my inactivity. Swelling makes sense. Glad I read all of your replies. I have been living in sweatpants since my oct.29 surgery. Hang in there!
Unread 02-17-2013, 12:53 PM

I have also been pretty inactive with a variety of complications. But I also swell when I do more. I have recently started walking to slowly regain some sort of fitness, and I am definitely more swollen afterwards :-(

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register