post op 4 wks dealing with lots of mental anguish!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

post op 4 wks dealing with lots of mental anguish!!!! post op 4 wks dealing with lots of mental anguish!!!!

Unread 04-22-2012, 10:02 PM
post op 4 wks dealing with lots of mental anguish!!!!

I had my surgery march 26. I am only 27 years old and have been dealing with stage IV endo for almost 10 yrs now. I was with the most wonderful man. He took care of me. Got me to the hospital, even though he had to be at work at 6am. I would end up at the hospital at least once a month from horrible pain, nausea, vomiting. Potassium would end up low. Blood pressure sky high from pain. Dehydrated everytime from vomiting. Just went through the works. And I was on every form of birth control. Did 6 months of lupron shots. Did hormones. Nothing ever helped except IV meds. Got labeled a drug addict by a few hospitals, because I was in such pain every month and dilaudid was the only medicine that would help. And through all this, I dreamed of a child. I only wanted a healthy baby. Just one. And I would've gladly given up my ovaries and uterus. But, for some reason, I just couldn't have that precious little miracle. And it was wearing down the man I loved. He was at his breaking point, and basically said I get the surgery or he's leaving. My dr.s all said I needed it....I saw at least 10 OB/GYN's over the years. I finally found a dr. I trusted, and he even said it was time. So, I scheduled the surgery and went through with it. 2 weeks later, on Easter Sunday, my boyfriend leaves me. He says I am too mad and angry at the world. So, in 2 weeks I literally lost almost everything. I have my family that is all. I lost my chance to have a baby, the man I love, my home, and everything I knew. So, at the age of 27, I am just trying to figure out how to move on with life!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Re: post op 4 wks dealing with lots of mental anguish!!!!

This made me cry! I am so sorry for your loss! Post op is a very emotional time for all of us, but in your case it's going to be even worse. Try to concentrate on your healing so you can have a healthy life. Grieving is important too. You'll find support here on hystersisters. Feel free to vent and cry to us!! I;m very disappointed that the man that talked you into this has bailed out on you. Hopefully after you recover you'll be healthier and will find a man truly deserving of your love. Maybe you'll find a man that has children and you can share in his joy and help raise them, or adopt your own. Your very young and have many years to seek happiness. Right now just try to recover from the surgery so you have a healthy body once again. BIG HUGS !!!!
Unread 04-23-2012, 06:40 AM

I am so sorry you have to go through this...I had experience loss of someone I love dearly and I know what hopelessness feels like and the advice I can offer to you, if I may is ....
* time will heal all the wounds
* everything happenings for the reason
* this too shall pass

Big hugs to you ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2012, 09:49 AM

Oh honey, i am so sorry that you are going through this! All i can say is that I hope he realizes that now you have had the surgery, your life is going to be so much better in terms of pain. You are so young and I cannot even imagine how hard it must be to have had a total hysterectomy at your age. I cant blame you for being angry. Do you have anyone to talk to, like a therapist?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register