Scared of Bleeding | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared of Bleeding Scared of Bleeding

Unread 07-24-2013, 12:53 PM
Scared of Bleeding

Hi ladies!

I'm one week post op today. I'm feeling pretty good but am still sore and tired of course. My mom is here and being very helpful. And my husband is a huge help when he gets home from work each day.

I was reading on the post op update page and saw that several sisters experienced major bleeding with blood clots after week 2. This greatly scared me as I will not have any help after 2 weeks. Does this happen to everyone?

Is there something to do to prevent such bleeding?

I'm also concerned because I sometimes have orgasms with sensual dreams. This is usually a nice wake up call but it happened on day 3 or 4 post op and was very painful. I'm concerned the spasm might cause problems later with my healing.

I see my doc next week on Tuesday for a post op appointment and will bring all of this to her attention. But wanted to hear from you all as well.

Thanks for the love and support!

Leslie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2013, 12:56 PM
Re: Scared of Bleeding

I'm at 6 weeks now and I never had ANY bleeding at all. I also had some "fun" dreams during the first few weeks, didn't do any harm.
Unread 07-24-2013, 12:57 PM
Re: Scared of Bleeding

If you follow your doctor's instructions (resting, walking, drinking and eating) and you don't over do it, your chances of something going wrong are minimal. Remember that the ladies who end to post are the ones that experience complications. The ones that do fine don't have a lot to post so the number of difficulties posted versus the good recoveries that you see online is deceiving.

I had a really good recovery and didn't participate much in my recovery thread because I didn't have a lot to share. My body was healing just fine and the few questions that I had were asked and answered by other ladies.

I hope that I have put your mind at ease.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2013, 01:08 PM
Scared of Bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMcK View Post
I'm at 6 weeks now and I never had ANY bleeding at all. I also had some "fun" dreams during the first few weeks, didn't do any harm.
Thank you for the love and support! That is very comforting!!

I am behaving and resting. Drinking a ton of water... Hopeful for continued easy healing!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register