How ridiculous!!!! (Vent) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How ridiculous!!!! (Vent) How ridiculous!!!! (Vent)

Unread 02-18-2005, 09:27 PM
How ridiculous!!!! (Vent)

I went to my dr. appt. yesterday. I assumed that I would be given a date for my hyster. since my other doctor had faxed my medical records that state that I need one. The only reason that I am going to this dr. is because I have no insurance and this hospital will work out a payment plan with you. I would much rather go to my regular OB/GYN.
Anyway, I go in. He does a pap, a cervical biopsy (he snipped me 3 times!!!) That hurt like mad! He tells me to come back April 7th for a sonogram, and to come back for another appt. on May 12th! He also gave me a depo shot to "help me out" until we can figure out what we need to do! I felt like screaming, "IDIOT! I CAN TELL YOU WHAT WE NEED TO DO! WE NEED A HYSTERECTOMY!!!"
Oh! And get this! I ask him when I will get the results of the biopsy. I get those when I go in on May 12th! I have to wait 12 weeks?!!!
Sorry for venting but this whole thing has been ridiculous!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 09:51 PM

Is there another doctor that uses that hospital??? This one sounds like a real (insert colorful metaphor of choice here)!!!

I would keep bugging him about it tho.

Tiffany
Unread 02-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Don't worry!

Hey ((CajunBabe)), where do you live, I ask because I have heard of so many stories of Ladies that have to wait so long to have their hytser. I have communicated with women that live in other countries that have to wait until they can come up with the money for the surgery, and I know this type of surgery can be pretty expensive. I don't like to hear about ladies that have to wait so long and at the same time going through so much pain. I should never, ever complain about having to wait one more week to go into the castle, I guess I am blessed! About the Depo shot, I use to take that shot for birth control, but I never knew a person can take the shot for other reasons. I was on the shot for about 2 years, and in the first month, I gained about 15 pounds, and have yet to lose it, even though I haven't gotten the shot for about 2 years ago.

I know about having the cervical biopsy, about a year and a half ago I went to my GYN complaining of the pain and heavy bleeding, and he said that he wanted to take a test to see if he could find more out. Well, he went down to examine me and he cut me in my vagina, I was honkerblonked, mostly because that hurt so bad, and he could have at least told me what he was going to do first. I was honkerblonked. Don't think that you are venting about anything, that's what we all are here for, let it out ladie. But we are here for you, whenever you need us. Stay sweet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-18-2005, 11:16 PM

I really hope there's another doctor you can go to.My doctor told me it takes 10 DAYS to get the results of the biopsy. I had had one about 15 years ago and they gave me Tylenol before it.This time I took some Advil ahead of time-still cramped up but not as bad. You should be able to call the office and get the results before May 12th. Hope the Depo shot helps you.One of my coworkers is on it to help control her periods and she loves it.((((((Cajun)))))) Please keep us posted on how it goes.Karen
Unread 02-19-2005, 02:27 AM

I too would say to find another Dr that uses that hospital. If he is this much of a pain now, I would hate to see what would happen if you would have to call after surgrey with a problem. As for the biopsy; there is no words for the pain involved in that. My Dr did it in the office but I did know she was going to do it. I almost passed out, and I am not a weinie; the whole room was spinning. I had terrible cramps with that "little" snip. I told her that if she ever had to do something like that again it would be in the hospital with me knocked out ! I don't go to the castle till the end of March, the waiting is driving me nuts. I am just happy I have you all to talk to about all this. Most folks I work with find out its a "girl problem" they don't want to know anything about it let alone listen to me complain about the waiting. They just want to know when I will be back at work to keep them from having to work overtime or a different shift. GGGRRRR awww too bad for them, somehow I don't feel sorry for them. I already work all different shifts because they dont want to. Ok I'm done complaining .... at least for a min. LOL
Thanks again lovely ladies for this site to get things off my mind and chest.
flamingred61/ Darlene
Unread 02-19-2005, 02:32 AM

wooops I forgot to include my take on that Depo shot. They gave me a couple of them last year when this whole thing got bad, it didn't do a thing for me. It didn't even slow down my period let alone get rid of it. But everyone is different, it might help you. I also had the hydro thermaltor, its the thing that is similar to a D&C. That helped for a year, but now things are right back to the same ol deal. I have very heavy periods that last 10- weeks and shows up every other week... or more often. Some months I have 2 periods a month, some months I have a period the whole time. I have to have pads with me all the time because I never know when its going to start. I have to wear over night giant ones because I flow so heavy, I have had to miss some work because of all this. I will just be so happy when I am done and healed up so I can get on with life.
flamingred61/ Darlene
Unread 02-20-2005, 11:40 AM

Hi CajunBabe - I wrote this to you last night but I had problems with the website! Glad I can get back here this morning...

"Hi Cajun - I am totally on your side! But, I am just wondering, did you have any of the tests that Dr. 2 is demanding with Dr. 1? I assume so since you said that your medical records were faxed already- there must be something of value in there worth faxing!

Is Dr. 2 just trying to run up a bill? Or is he (albeit in a really frustrating way) trying to be medically responsible?

Why can't Dr. 1 work out a payment schedule with you? Did Dr. 1 recommend Dr. 2? Because if he did, maybe they need to have a chat!

Is Dr. 2 being responsible or just obtuse? Basically, that he does not agree with/want to perform the recommended surgery?

I am asking all this because it sounds so familiar!!! I found this site when I was scheduled for a surgery that I did not want, that was not medically indicated, with a doctor who was not communicating with me.

Two years ago, I was planning an hysterectomy with a great doctor who suddenly quit the hospital - his cases were turned over to a new doctor. I thought the second guy was supposed to do the sx. but he had his own game plan - starting at square one! And he had my 20 year history and charts!

I would have been far less angry if he had not wasted six months of my time, patience, and intelligence by just telling me point blank that the hysterectomy I THOUGHT I was supposed to be getting was something he just personally felt he did not want to do. But he did not do that. Instead, he insulted me.

I can always (try) to respect the doctors opinion, as long as it is expressed. The fact that you do not know what is going on/feel uncomfortable with what is going on is a big red flag! Find someone with whom you can communicate! It will be worth the wait becuase it will be properly done.

BTW - Is Dr. 2 at a teaching hospital? Hmmmm!"
Unread 02-21-2005, 02:37 AM
Can't understand!

You know ((Cajunbabe)) this type of situation happens quite a bit with women these days, but most of the women don't really know whats going on between the patient and the doctor. I don't really know what country you are from, but I was on another site once, and I forget the name of it, many of the women were from other countries and needed the surgery, but if they didn't have the money, they were denied the surgery, which I personally think is totally unfair to the patient. If this is something tha is medically needed, then it should be done for the welfare of the patient. The first doctor that I went to, which misdiagnosed me and told me that I have Fibroids, wanted to do a complete total Hyster, at that time I really didn't want one, I didn't think that he studies too much about my illness to come to that conclustion, so I told him that I didn't want that, and to just take out the tumors. When he agreed to do, but at the same time he had become very upset and distance from me. He wanted to do the Hyster or nothing. A doctor and patient has to work together and figure out what is BEST for the patient. He then gave me about 5 pain pills and told me to return the next week to discuss the surgery to remove the tumors. It was really strange that when I returned for my visit, he was on vacation, and wasn't returning for 2 weeks, and at the same time the whole medical staff was distance with me too. I waited the 2 weeks for him to come back, and then couldn't get an appointment for another 2 weeks, and without any pain meds. when I returned, he told me that he couldn't do the surgery and gave me my results to go someplace else. So at this point, I knew that it was a money thing, the bigger the surgery, the more he will get paid. That's not the way to treat your patient. I think that May12th is a very long time to be waiting for your results, and it doesn't seem as if he's looking out for your welfare at all.

I hate to say this, but maybe you should go for another doctor, one that cares for his patient, and not for how much money he's going to get for the surgery. But this is just my opinion, I hope I helped you out a little. I'll pray for you and wish you good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register