Anyone have a Swelly Belly Band? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone have a Swelly Belly Band? Anyone have a Swelly Belly Band?

Unread 03-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Anyone have a Swelly Belly Band?

Does anyone have a Swelly Belly Band? Do you like it? My doctor gave me an elastic binder in the hospital. I can't figure out if the swelly belly band is any different than the one I have. My binder is kind of noticeable under clothes, but necessary if I going out and about. (I don't wear it around the house because I trying to build back my ab muscles.)

Have folks used other options like support hose? A friend of mine used that after her surgery but said they weren't overly helpful but better than nothing. (Her Dr. didn't give her a binder!)

Any thoughts, suggestions, comparisons, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-01-2009, 10:09 PM

I didn't like the swelly belly band as much as I liked the full belly binder. My swelly belly kind of lopped over the thinner belly band and bothered me. I was also afraid to use it wet while I still had the dermabond glue holding my incision closed. Paranoid about getting the glue too wet to hold.

The Swelly Belly Band seemed like it was more for keeping your incision cool and padded and supported. I felt better with just the support of the wider binder.

Just my personal opinion, YMMV.
Unread 03-02-2009, 08:03 AM

I LOVED my swelly belly band the first 4 weeks. It cooled my incision, gave me a sense of support and brought me great comfort in the early post-op days. I wore it under clothes, although it is quite bulky and not too wet if you freeze it as I did. I was in the thick of winter so it was easy to hide it under sweater and coat layers. the ab binder or a spanx or other support panty would be better for a good look under clothes with a littel support. I changed my entire panty wardrobe post op
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-02-2009, 09:09 AM

I love my swelly belly band....but have to admit I only wear around the house. If you are worried about the wetness of the band just use plastic wrap around it. That's what I did so I didn't get my clothes soaked. I tried to freeze one day but it ended up hurting more then helping. I am also considering getting all knew panty wardrobe.....for the support!!
Unread 03-02-2009, 11:42 AM

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. It's been a bit over 3 weeks since my surgery, and I am starting to think about what might be best for when I return to work and when I go out in public. I know there is nothing wrong with wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts, (although I won't be able to when I go back to work), but sometimes a girl wants to look a little better, you know? I am also concerned as to what life will be like once I do return to work, since my job does have a physical aspect to it. I think I will look for some support panties - I intend to replace everything once this is all over anyway!
Unread 03-02-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmelin
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. It's been a bit over 3 weeks since my surgery, and I am starting to think about what might be best for when I return to work and when I go out in public. I know there is nothing wrong with wearing sweatpants and sweatshirts, (although I won't be able to when I go back to work), but sometimes a girl wants to look a little better, you know? I am also concerned as to what life will be like once I do return to work, since my job does have a physical aspect to it. I think I will look for some support panties - I intend to replace everything once this is all over anyway!
I wore skirts, dresses and jumpers until week 8!!! I could not even imagine sweats or my biggest Granny-panties even near my incision area. You will feel better---I found every day was just a little bit better than the day before

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register