24 hours to go..what to eat? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

24 hours to go..what to eat? 24 hours to go..what to eat?

Unread 11-24-2003, 04:48 PM
24 hours to go..what to eat?

ok my surgery is wednesday...so nervous..but I do not have any restrictions other then nothing after midnight the night before..not that I am going to stuff myself the day before but should I eat light or does it really matter?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2003, 05:19 PM

Hi (((mikay))) If your DR has told you you have no restrictions other than nothing after midnight the night before, you can feel free to have pretty much whatever you want. I had the same situation (plus I had to do a Fleet enema the night before), and I chose to go out for a lovely restaurant meal with some of my favorite foods... but chose not to have too much, or anything very heavy, or extremely spicy. I don't know that it mattered; I was just being cautious. My feeling was, why not enjoy my dinner when I probably wouldn't be able to go out for a nice meal nor feel like cooking one for a while?

Good luck with your surgery! I'll look forward to seeing you over in Post Op.

s,
-Linda
Unread 11-24-2003, 05:41 PM

I'm with Linda; have a nice dinner at your favorite restaurant or cook your favorite meal at home. It's the last chance for a while to cook or go out. Enjoy!

My DH and I are going to our favorite little bistro the night before I head off to the castle; what better way to relax before the big day?

Good luck to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2003, 05:41 PM

Hi

I didn't have any restrictions either, except for nothing after midnight. My last meal? Pepperoni pizza. I had to do the Fleet enema later in the evening. I didn't have any gas problems post op, and I even had a cold ginger ale with a straw a few hours after surgery!

Good luck and best wishes!
Unread 11-24-2003, 06:31 PM
waiting is the hardest.

Enjoy the little restrictions. You will find that the anticipation is so much more difficult than that actual process. I got home on Saturday, and can say that I am doing really good. Some gas discomfort, but nothing that I can't handle. I am not taking much in the pain medication department. I am doing really well.

Have a good actitute! Be Positive! Smile and joke with the nurses, beware of the one with the IV~~ ha-ha-ha. The IV has been so far my most traumatic moment. Recovery room was long due that I did not wake up, quick... difficult for my family waiting. I was out of it.

I am just 4 days post op, but thing are good here.

Hugs and support

Joy
Unread 11-24-2003, 08:27 PM

Not sure about the diet thing, because I'm not quite there yet. I would just stay away from anything that may disagree with you like rich, heavy, greasy or spicy food). For me personally, chocolate could be a potential culprit - unfortunately! Acid reflux is an issue during surgery. If you go in with a little heartburn, let anesthesia know so they can give you some Pepcid or Reglan in the I.V. to calm things down a little.

Most important...go out and HAVE FUN!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register