Pounding heart - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pounding heart Pounding heart

Unread 10-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Pounding heart

I had a little bit of an increase in BP after surgery as well. On and off through that afternoon. The nurse was a little worried that I was bleeding internally, but I didn't have any pain at that time. It probably is a combo a many things - hormones, anesthesia, pain. Who knows. I do hope you find your answers though. The lack of sleeping is really rough. I've been "drugging" myself with Tylenol PM or Benadryl these last couple nights so I could actually sleep and not be too overtired for work. I'm still tired, but I have been sleeping. Just don't let them brush you off! If it's bothering you, something isn't right. I really have an issue with dr.'s who brush off patients. I've been there, done that, and there really were problems. Keep pushing until you are feeling better.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 01:40 PM
Pounding heart

I think you are right about the BP thing and a combo of things. The sleep thing is tough. I feel a little less tense today which is nice. I've been taking ambien everynight. Last night I got to sleep till 3am. I'm shooting for 4am toinght. I'm glad you got some sleep. I guess if we have to take something to help us sleep it's worth it. I don't function real well without it.

I will have to be assertive with the doctor cause your right they do just brush you off. I'm not that assertive but I'm going to learn. I have to be my own advacate, no one else will. Thanks for being there and listening. I appreciate it. I hope you get the help you need with your heart and other things you are dealing with. A big hug to you.

Blessings,
Kathy
Unread 10-12-2007, 03:41 PM
Pounding heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humming Bird
Have any of you have a pounding heart while resting. I guess that is when I notice it the most. It feels like a heavy pounding heart beat and the beats per minute is normal. They did an ekg on me a few weeks back after surgery because of the unexplained high blood pressure. My heart is fine. But since surgery my heart pounds a lot more. Maybe it's due to stress or hormonal issues. Anyone have this happen to them?

Hi...I have the same thing happen to me..I had a TAH and have one ovary. I googled hot flash and found out that a rapid heart rate is common in women who have hormonal changes. My heart speads up rate before a hot flash...I forget what the part of the body it is a gland I think. But for some reason our bodies think that there is something bad in our system so the body starts to raise its in turnal temp ( like when kids get sick and run a fever) and that in turn causes the heart to race...My heart will slow down after the hot flash is over....hope this helps...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Pounding heart

Hey keknabb, thanks for that info. that makes a lot of sence. Maybe when the hormones get balenced better the heart pounding will be better and maybe stop. Our bodies are going through a lot of changes. I appreciate you sharing that. Thanks so much! Kathy
Unread 10-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Pounding heart

I seem to alway hear my heart beat/pulse in my left ear. MOre so when I'm laying down. Don't know why. Luckily ,its constant.
Unread 10-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Pounding heart

Icre8art,

I'm sorry your having this problem too. I beginning to think my anxiety is definitly adding to mine. I had a bit of a panic attack last night due to lack of sleep and changing the dosage of my hormones and boy that did a number on my heart. After taking xanax and then later ambien I got 7 hrs sleep and feel way better this morning. I always feel my heart beating while I'm laying. I hope you can figure out what is causing yours. Your right luckily it is constant. Mine skips a bit occ. not too often. Kathy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register