TAH I feel incredibly lucky | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I feel incredibly lucky I feel incredibly lucky

Unread 06-16-2013, 10:49 AM
I feel incredibly lucky

Hi
Just wanted to share my hyster journey with you. First of all, I had very heavy periods and anaemia for over ten years because of uterine fibroids. This year the fibroids had grown and my uterus had grown to the size of a 26 week pregnancy. My original surgery was on 22nd April and it cancelled the night before. Then rescheduled for 3rd June. I had my surgery at 5pm and it took less than two hours. It was very straightful and I kept my ovaries. I woke up in recovery and responded very well. Felt very little pain and had my morphine button to use. Suddenly I felt very sick and said to the nurse and she noticed I had gone very pale and that my blood pressure had dropped. I was bleeding internally and had to have 6 units of blood. The bleeding was from the left uterine artery and I lost 3 litres of blood. At 11 oclock that night I was taken into theatre and operated on again. I remember being told about this and being put out but nothing then until the following day at 11am when I woke up in a high dependency ward. I didnt where the hell I was. Apparently I had been on a ventilator. I was really hungry when I woke up I devoured two pieces of toast. I stayed on the HDU ward until the Saturday, the staff were wonderful. They slowly told me what had happened I feel very fortunate to have made it. I came home last Monday, I have a vertical incision which I have had a few problems with - infection and an allergic reaction to either the staples or the dressing. I am on antibiotics and my bed is my best friend, but I have been out for walk just to the beginning of my road. All in all I am just taking it a day at a time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2013, 11:27 AM
I feel incredibly lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyvane67 View Post
Hi
Just wanted to share my hyster journey with you. First of all, I had very heavy periods and anaemia for over ten years because of uterine fibroids. This year the fibroids had grown and my uterus had grown to the size of a 26 week pregnancy. My original surgery was on 22nd April and it cancelled the night before. Then rescheduled for 3rd June. I had my surgery at 5pm and it took less than two hours. It was very straightful and I kept my ovaries. I woke up in recovery and responded very well. Felt very little pain and had my morphine button to use. Suddenly I felt very sick and said to the nurse and she noticed I had gone very pale and that my blood pressure had dropped. I was bleeding internally and had to have 6 units of blood. The bleeding was from the left uterine artery and I lost 3 litres of blood. At 11 oclock that night I was taken into theatre and operated on again. I remember being told about this and being put out but nothing then until the following day at 11am when I woke up in a high dependency ward. I didnt where the hell I was. Apparently I had been on a ventilator. I was really hungry when I woke up I devoured two pieces of toast. I stayed on the HDU ward until the Saturday, the staff were wonderful. They slowly told me what had happened I feel very fortunate to have made it. I came home last Monday, I have a vertical incision which I have had a few problems with - infection and an allergic reaction to either the staples or the dressing. I am on antibiotics and my bed is my best friend, but I have been out for walk just to the beginning of my road. All in all I am just taking it a day at a time!
Well I am sorry you had such a time of it but I am so glad to hear all is well with you.... You are blessed😊I had my surgery on 6-13-13, it took 4 hours(lots of scar tissue&3 c-sections) and one bad episode after the surgery but I am home and resting and so very grateful to God to be here. Last night was my first night home and it was kinda uncomfortable but I'm doing good.I pray you are well😊
Unread 06-16-2013, 01:16 PM
I feel incredibly lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliams1 View Post
Well I am sorry you had such a time of it but I am so glad to hear all is well with you.... You are blessed😊I had my surgery on 6-13-13, it took 4 hours(lots of scar tissue&3 c-sections) and one bad episode after the surgery but I am home and resting and so very grateful to God to be here. Last night was my first night home and it was kinda uncomfortable but I'm doing good.I pray you are well😊
Sorry to hear you have a rough time. I hope you are feeling better. It takes a few days to settle in when you come home. We are both blessed, I had a nurse called Blessed looking after me in the hospital she was an angel. Love and hugs!! xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-16-2013, 05:41 PM
I feel incredibly lucky

Quote:
Sorry to hear you have a rough time. I hope you are feeling better. It takes a few days to settle in when you come home. We are both blessed, I had a nurse called
Blessed looking after me in the hospital
she was an angel. Love and hugs!! xxxx
Thank you, yes we are blessed. My first full day home and it's fine except I noticed that my breathing is labored when I stand or walk to the bathroom and it really concerns me. I have yet to lay flat on my back... I prop up at all times, even in the hospital. Have you any breathing issues?
Love & hugs😊
Unread 06-16-2013, 05:43 PM
I feel incredibly lucky

Quote:
Sorry to hear you have a rough time. I hope you are feeling better. It takes a few days to settle in when you come home. We are both blessed, I had a nurse called
Blessed looking after me in the hospital
she was an angel. Love and hugs!! xxxx
Thank you, yes we are blessed. My first full day home and it's fine except I noticed that my breathing is labored when I stand or walk to the bathroom and it really concerns me. I have yet to lay flat on my back... I prop up at all times, even in the hospital. Have you any breathing issues?
Love & hugs😊
Oh I forgot to mention I had my gallbladder removed also.
Unread 06-16-2013, 07:08 PM
I feel incredibly lucky

Omg moyvane, just wow :-O I have no words for your ordeal. Just very relieved and thankful to read that you have made it out alive and recovering!!! You definitely have someone watching out for you, that's for sure.

I hope the rest of your recovery is less eventful and you are feeling much better soon. Prayers and well wishes to you XxXx
Unread 06-21-2013, 03:39 AM
I feel incredibly lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwilliams1 View Post
Love & hugs😊
Oh I forgot to mention I had my gallbladder removed also.
Hi mwilliams,
I hope things are improving for you. Wow, two organs removing you really need to take it easy. I havent any problems with my breathing but I have a problem with my incision I had a vertical one and when I had my staples taken out the nurse discovered I had a cavity near my belly button. This is taking some time to heal and is quite sore. I am on antibiotics as they thought it might be infected. I feel as if I am way behind in my recovery (3 weeks on Monday since my op). My mum is still staying with me, I am so glad to have her help. Perhaps thats me being hard on myself. Do you feel that way?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register