scarr, dreams,meds | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

scarr, dreams,meds scarr, dreams,meds

Unread 03-17-2002, 07:02 PM
scarr, dreams,meds

Hi
I am so glad I found this site. Have learned much and have taken notes. I am having a SAH on April 1st. and left overy removed. I have one very large firbroid and 2 other large ones and numerous marble sized ones. They don't scare me other than surgery but the "Overian obstruction" scares me. Expecially since others seem to have pain with cysts. I have no pain. Have others had no pain and it also turned out to be a Cyst? Also concerned about the incision. My Dr. wanted to do a zipper because of the size of the uterus but agreed to one across the hair line. Could this mean from hip to hip bone??? What do most people have? Also noted that many have weird dreams AFTER their surgery. I started having the wierdest dreams last week! I also had a Luprin shot to keep me from bleeding again before my surgery but 2 days after the shot started bleeding again. Any one have experience with Luprin? I live alone and have much to much time to run this thru my mind. I am trying to keep busy but sometimes it is hard. I will be glad when April Fools day is here.
Thanks Linda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2002, 04:19 AM
scarr, dreams,meds

Hi Linda and welcome to Hyster Sisters! I'm glad you've found us. When I was pre-op, the information and understanding that I received here really helped me tremendously....just knowing I wasn't alone was priceless!

I didn't have cysts, so I'm not much help there with your question, but you can do a search by using the "search" link on the upper, right side of the page. Try using the words "ovarian obstruction" or "cyst" or "lupron" and you will find bunches of threads discussing these.

As far as incision, I have a bikini incision which is about 10 inches wide. Not quite hip to hip

Feel free to post any more questions or concerns you may have. We're here to share our experiences with you!

Best wishes and s
Unread 03-18-2002, 01:17 PM
scarr, dreams,meds

I had a cyst on my Fallopian tubes that I had no pain with and didn`t find till the ultrasound before my pre-op . So in my case I had no pain and a cyst.
I also had dreams before surgery I was not sleeping well at all before my surgery. Try to pray alot and try to let God worry for you. Not easy but the praying helped me stay sane that and this site
Good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register