Question about control panties | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Question about control panties Question about control panties

Unread 08-16-2008, 10:09 AM
Question about control panties

I want to get some of the support panties for after ab surgery as suggested but what strength do you buy. I bought a couple that are light support, while I can feel it I wonder if I shouldn't have gotten the heavy support.

What has worked best for others?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2008, 10:41 AM

I JUST got some at kmart for my upcoming sur. date I got them 2 pairs for 8 bucks then they were but one get one 1/2 off.I got cotton 2 pairs med support/2 pairs firm and one for lower back support So i'm curious too which one works best
Unread 08-16-2008, 01:14 PM

I did not use support panties after my surgery (3 weeks ago.) I would just say be careful about "heavy support," it may be unbearable to get them on and off over an incision and they might feel tight around a swollen abdomen after awhile. Even now I don't want to think about putting on my sports bra because of all the tugging and pulling over my head.

I did use the binder my hosptial provided for a few days at home and when I went out walking the first week or so. The entire time after surgery I have just worn regular panties. Others may think support panties are wonderful -I just didn't feel I needed them.

Best wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-16-2008, 02:22 PM

The support panties probably won't be bearable to wear for a while after surgery. At least that was my case. I had an abdominal hyst and even wearing the binder from the hospital was uncomfortable for some time without some soft barrier between my adbomen and the binder itself. Again, just for myself, even now I don't wear support panties that often as my abdomen does still swell some during the course of the day. My suggestion is to hold off on getting any more until after your surgery and see how you feel and your body heals before using them. Just my opinion. Best wishes to you ladies!
Unread 08-16-2008, 02:41 PM

I had five small incisions but I did not use control panties until all of the scabs came off - about three weeks post op. I like Bali light control all cotton panties - they are not restrictive as a heavy support panty may be, and they are very comfortable in hot weather.
Unread 08-16-2008, 03:02 PM

Only reason I got them is after my c-section I used them and they felt alot better and I assumed that pressure/support would help now too...I guess I will wait and see..
Unread 08-16-2008, 04:09 PM
Thanks!

I just read here that the support panties helped with the belly business. I did buy a size too big and they are the light support, if it's too much I just won't use them.
Thanks for all your answers and for those wondering too we'll soon find out!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register