All set to check into the castle on 01/22 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

All set to check into the castle on 01/22 All set to check into the castle on 01/22

Unread 01-16-2002, 12:05 AM
All set to check into the castle on 01/22

Hello sisters...Well I guess I am offically ready to check in. I went for my pre-op and my pre-lab. My doctor said the surgery should last around an hour. I am totally getting nervous about this. More so of a needle being stabbed through my veins! I had a very bad experiance with one of my son's during labor where the nurse went all the waay through my vein.Now the thought of having that done again scares me. I am such a baby when it comes to pain! I am hoping that I have a high tolerance for pain (for after) and I don't whine and cry too much! I am scheduled for a TVH. The best thing about this is no more period!
Anyone who has gone through this or has any words of comfort please reply.....Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2002, 02:51 AM

Ms Shirley,
I'm so happy that you know your date and that you are all set. You've had all your Pre-Op lab work and are now ready. You will do just fine. I did not have my surgery vagianally. Mine lasted about 1 hour 20 minutes. I had a great nursing staff and doctors. We are here for you!
Unread 01-16-2002, 05:13 AM

Ms. Shirley-- I have found that if I tell them "I have had a bad experience with this and I am very afraid of needles" it goes a long way in having them be a LOT more gentle! I have rolling veins which if they know that they have an easier time getting it in because there is a certain "way" to do that. Plus once they get your IV running they can give you something and you won't care! They numbed a place in my hand (stung a little) and then the actual stick for the hyst. IV I didn't even feel. I think it is better in the hand for surgery but easier if they numb it. You will do great! Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-16-2002, 07:11 AM

HI Ms.Shirley:

Right there beside you well kinda sorta. One day ahead of you. Every day is a whole new set of fears and worries that is for sure. Anyway you are in my thoughts and I will try and think of you on Tuesday. :eyes: Depends on the drugs of course. All the best to you and all of our other sisters that are about to be punctured.

K8
Unread 01-16-2002, 07:24 AM

Thank you sisters for the encouring words!
I also wish you the best K8! I wish you a speedy recovery! I will keep in touch and let you know how I am...As for now I must think about my the fact that I may not have a job at the end of the day! The company where I work jusst started a 20% workforce cut!
When it rains it pours! But thats the least of my worries right now!
Unread 01-18-2002, 04:22 PM

Hi Shirley

I am scheduled for my TAH and Vaginal Bladder Repair on Jan. 22nd!! My emotions :yoyo: for the past few days. Went for my preop tests yesterday and sat there and cried:cry: Today is better, I am preparing the house for when I will have to rest. That panics me, worrying about how things will get done when they need to when I am not allowed to do my activities. But I have to listen to the

Hope your surgery goes well. You will in my thoughts and prayers Talk to you after we leave the Castle!!
Unread 01-18-2002, 06:57 PM

Hi Shirley,

I am glad to here that you are ready. I go to on the 22nd and still have not found the time to pack. I don't really know what to take. I pray that everything goes great for you. Take good care and enjoy the rest.

Susanlin
Unread 01-18-2002, 08:08 PM

Hey more we will all recover together! In thought at least! This site is so awsome and has helped me so much. I am finally getting at ease because of all the helpful hints I have recieved from all you ladies! I am still not packed. I am one to do things at the last minute! So I will clean clean & clean this weekend and pack Monday! I am also going to make sure I stock up on micro food & soup for my boys who are 11 & 7 (daughter is not too good of a cook )
. Just for 2 days when my ex hubby come in to help out.The hospital in right around the corner from my place so if I need anything my daughter can just drive on over and bring it. I am getting to that point where I am ready to get it over with! Hopefully my will not have any problems and I will be in and out in an hour.
I plan on taking some music to help me relax before. Just gonna run out and buy a cassette player and a relaxing tape so I don't have to pay attention to when they stick me with that IV!
Good luck to all you sisters entering the castle this coming week!
My prayers will be with all of you..and I wish you all a speedy recovery!

MzShirley
Unread 01-19-2002, 09:12 AM

Well to all my ladies in waiting. GOOD LUCK. THere is a post on what things you should take with you I found it really helpful. One tip I did hear about in the chats was to make sure that your lip balm does not have pertrolium in it. Treats for the nurses (some with lots of time bake some sweets that is not going to be the case with me, I bought wuerthers) I think you can find the full list of what to pack in the lady's in waiting drop down menu on the front page of hystersisters. Take care you ladies, and this is the best web site out there.

K8

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register