Had ablation now having problems - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Had ablation now having problems Had ablation now having problems

Unread 10-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Had ablation now having problems

I had an ablation in September 2004. My periods had gotten progessively lighter so I was happy. Then, about 9 months later, when I would have my light period, I felt like my abdomen was full of fluids. I would have a fever, vomiting, and muscle aches that would last about 2 days. It got so bad by October of 2005, I ended up in the ER. They did a CAT sacn and determined that my ovaries were enlarged. I went back to my GYN and asked for a hysterectomy. I was 44 had my kids and was tired of all of this. When the GYN went in lapascopically to do the hysterectomy, he said there was so much scar tissue that he couldn't move the scopes around so he had to do an abdomenal entry.

I guess I assumed it was endometriosis, but now I am wondering if was the ablation. I don't know. I had never had any signs of endometriosis before the hysterectomy - I was 44 you would think I would have known something like that. Hmmm. I always kind of suspected that the ablation had something to do with what was going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2006, 03:28 PM

I agree. The sex thing is huge. Like I said before I'm so affraid of jumping from the pan into the fire. It can always get worse. I have been trying to wait as long as I could but my big concern is what is the long term effects of this blood, and fulid backing up inside of me? I really worry about what kind of problems that could be causing. Aside from the pain, cramping all month long latey. I'm just tired of feeling bad. Oh and on top of it all, I am in perimenopause. So I have 2 or 3 migraines a week 2 or 3 weeks a month. Thank goodness for zomig! Sorry, I went on a tyraid
Unread 10-04-2006, 03:57 PM

Hi Cathy,

I reread your posts again and I can only imagine what you are going through. I would think all that fluid cannot be good for your body. I have no experience in this.
Before my hysterectomy I was having some hot flashes and night sweats, I haven't had any since which I think was rather strange,(knock on wood), blood pressure is down and not so many back aches. I think that uterus was just sucking the life right out of me. Each week brings on more energy.
I also saw 4 DR's before I decided on one. I know what it is to be afraid, your going through so much. Why are you waiting and what are the DR's telling you?

Lauren
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2006, 04:18 PM

I thought the vaginal hysterectomy would be my best choice too. I went to the gyn and he suggested a laporoscopic procedure. I had that done 3 weeks ago and I would really suggest that you look into that alternative.
Unread 10-04-2006, 05:55 PM

Thanks for your kind words Lauren. I've waited because as much as I liked my doctor that did the novasure, I knew that he messed up. I understand that accidents happen but I just can't go back to him. The doctor that attempted corrective surgery doesn't do large surgeries anymore and the doc she referred me to was a little to cocky for my comfort level. He was to high on himself. No Thank You! I'm going to another doctor on the 11th. From everything I read and heard she sounds wonderful. They (the doctors) have all told me the same thing. TAB leaving ovaries. I'm wondering if I should have them taken also with the hormonal migraines I battle?????? What have you learned and heard??
Unread 10-05-2006, 09:38 AM

Hi Cathy,

Are your migraines caused by to much estrogen? I know mine were. I was told the uterus does make some estrogen and since my body was making to much estrogen he thought it may help with the migraines and to think of it, I haven't had to many of them. I knew going into this process I wanted to keep my ovaries as I do not want to go on HRT because my mother had breast cancer and had been on the HRT for several years. Her DR's think that was the reason she got the cancer as she does not carry the genetic gene. Her cancer was estrogen positive.
I understand about cocky DR's I saw 4 of them before I decided. The 1st one said I would go in and remove everything, I could do that next week for you. Yikes! I don't think so.
You sound very educated so bring your list of questions, don't be shy regarding the line of questioning.
I thought about what each DR had to say and decided to keep the ovaries and cervix and I am happy with the decision.
Feel free to send a private message, especially after your DR appt.
Lauren
Unread 10-05-2006, 09:50 AM

Oh Thank you. I'm so glad I have so many people that can relate to whats happening with my body. I hate it that so many are going throught this but it is a comfort to not be alone. You have given me some valuable information. I had no idea that the uterus produced estrogen. I do know that I am not able to take bc pills due to the migraines. So why in the world would I think that I can take HRT. I guess I figures that it would be regulated to my system.

I do wonder if I should let them take the cervix. I hear you can still have spoting if it's left??? I also had some abnormal paps many years ago and had a leep cone. I've been very lucky that there have not been any problems since. Thank Goodness.
Unread 10-05-2006, 10:13 AM

Yes, leaving your cervix does leave a chance of having mini periods, for most just spoting. So far I have had nothing, (knock on wood)After all I've been through, I can live with a little spotting.
The ladies that have had their cervix removed don't seem to notice a thing.
Ohhh the nervousness, I'm so glad I'm past it!
I'm here for you.
Lauren
Unread 10-06-2006, 05:32 PM

Reflection,
I know just how you feel...had my hydrothermal ablation 7/18/06 and have had problems since. Five weeks out during a routine ultrasound the gyno found my uterus filled with polyps and I had heavy bleeding everyday since week four after the procedure. I am waiting to get on the surgery schedule for Nov or Dec for a LSH/BSO procedure and get this over with. Seems as though the ablation did no good at all. Wishing you all the best of luck with your decision, but for me I have got to move on and get this behind me.
Unread 10-07-2006, 08:36 PM

I too had a failed novasure ablation. I didn't have scarring of the cervix like you describe but I had almost non stop spotting for a year after and horrible cramps that I never had before. I feel much better and happier now after my hyster. It is really scary to know doctors suggest ablations and make it sound easy and pretty much risk free.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register