positive HRT story | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

positive HRT story positive HRT story

Unread 12-22-2005, 08:03 AM
positive HRT story

I know there is a lot of controversy about HRT and if it is right for everyone. I know we all have to make the right choices for our bodies but I have to put in my 2 cents here and tell everyone that I have a positve HRT story. I was put on the climara patch in the hospital. (I'M 35) I cried all the time for the week I wore it and had bad hot flashes and got acne. I went on half dose of Estratest for a week and felt about the same. Went on full dose of eastratest and I feel like my old self again! My face cleared up and I don't cry for no reason anymore. If it wasn't for the belly and back pain I still get and getting tired easy I wouldn't even know my little ovaries are gone. I hope this helps anyone who is in limbo. Your doc may have to adjust your doseage too like mine did. I am glad I told her what was going on and not just assume it was normal. I think if you can get by with out it the more power to you but I know I can't function with out it. Good Luck girls!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2005, 09:13 AM
positive HRT story

Hi sar-gurl neighbor!
Thank you for sharing your positive story. I think this needs to be seen more. Many women are very concerned and even frightened at what might happen if they need hrt. It is very common for hrt to need to be changed and adjusted too, like you have had to do. It requires patience and just keeping at it.
I want to share the link to the news story Kathy has shared in the news central in case some of you haven't seen it. There is a lot of misinformation going around that is confusing. This article sites some interesting information I think we all need to know. https://www.hystersisters.com/vb2/sho...99#post1578099
I hope you continue to do well. Thanks again for sharing.
's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register