TVH 2 Weeks post op hysterectomy (TVH) and my abdomen started aching! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 Weeks post op hysterectomy (TVH) and my abdomen started aching! 2 Weeks post op hysterectomy (TVH) and my abdomen started aching!

Unread 11-24-2014, 09:52 AM
2 Weeks post op hysterectomy (TVH) and my abdomen started aching!

I had my TVH November 10th, and I was feeling great after the first week, minus some pulling stitches. The pulling subsided, and I was all ready to resume work today, two weeks post op. Until last night. Last night my abdomen, which has not hurt at all, started hurting! It was like sharp twinges and general achenes. I am so bummed, and my husband was really disappointed that I had to call into work longer. (This surgery was not expected at this time, so finances were not in a good place to miss work...)

Has anyone had this happen? I thought I would continually get better, not better, then worse, then better, then worse again!

Thanks ladies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-24-2014, 10:23 AM
Re: 2 Weeks post op hysterectomy (TVH) and my abdomen started aching!

This is the nature of hysterectomy recovery. Many women experience two steps forward only to take one step back. It's frustrating and hard to be patient. My experience here on Hystersisters has shown me that week 3 is generally a difficult week for some reason. I was cleared to return to my desk job at 8 weeks after my TVH and it was difficult. I think 2 weeks is ambitious, but some women are able to do it.

It also can be hard to find the right balance with activity level. I would have a "good" day and think I'd turned the corner, done some light housework, etc only to be back in bed the next day, hurting and swollen. Its important to listen to your body, as it will shout at you if you over-do.

So yes... What you're experiencing is normal. Your body may need some more time to rest and heal.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register