Can't Cope - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-23-2004, 08:58 PM
Can't Cope

I'm kind of in the same situation, only our staff is even smaller. I'm an Administrative Assistant for a Dr. and we have 1 nurse and a shipping/cleaning person full time, and that's it! My boss also said, "Do whatever needs to be done, take as much time as you like". *However*... today was my last day at work until after I recoup and my paycheck was for 1 week. I kind of expected at least 3 weeks pay because I am on salary and haven't taken any vacation this year. Now, I have no idea what to expect about being paid. Also, I get a monthly profit sharing bonus, and although I'm sure I'll get it for January, we didn't discuss February. These bonuses sometimes reach $900 - $1,000 and they are built into our household budget. I could kick myself for not finding a way to discuss it before I left, but I didn't want to appear like I really "needed the money". That foolish pride! I guess we'll just wait and see what happens. Hey, good luck to you, though. That prayer stuff really does work! : ) ~Susan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-24-2004, 10:11 AM
Can't Cope

Hi:

I do know how you feel. I've been working for the same company for 20 years. I never take advantage, only call out when I'm practically on my death bed, stay late without pay, basically give 150% of me when I feel terrible. So I expect that this glorious company with less than 10 people to take care of me when I need it. Yeah right.

I was informed that I will be going on short term disability during the time I am out. The catch, there is a 30 day elimination period which means I don't get paid until the disability kicks in. So, my boss comes up with this brilliant solution. Use 2 weeks of my vacation and then they'll pay me whatever days left before the disability kicks in. Oh, just so you know, the disability pays only 66 2/3 (not taxed though) of your pay. That leaves me with 1 week vacation which they know I take every year at the end of July and nothing else. No sick time, nothing. I know I sound ungrateful because they are at least paying me something, but I can't help the getting the feeling that I'm being disrespected. My bosses called me in the other day and told me all of this but when they told me it was like they were more concerned with the workload of the other employees and not my health. Believe me, if I didn't need this done, I wouldn't do it. I've been suffering so long with so many things and I haven't called out once. I just feel terrible. I've given them so much.

I just wanted you to know that I feel for you. We really don't need this added pressure!!

my3sons

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register