question about rectocele | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

question about rectocele question about rectocele

Unread 07-17-2006, 07:12 AM
question about rectocele

I t has been 4 weeks since I went to the Dr. The day before I left for Australia. She told me that day at my three month post op check up that I had a rectocele and I should be careful and not lift anything over 5 lbs... ever... well I had so much on my mind that I pt it out of my mind but now that I am more settled and have time to think I want to find out more about this. Does this happen alot? Does anyone else have this? What should I be asking for questions?Do I need to do something about this now? she said she would see me next year when I go home for a visit but I wish I had asked more questions thwn. Like what should I be watching out for if anything are there any warnings I should be aware of? Is this normal? Oh well. Thanks in advance for any insights any one can give me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-17-2006, 07:24 AM
question about rectocele

Hi artsea
I'm sorry you're having to deal with this now. What a shame it couldn't have been fixed along with your other surgery, but maybe it wasn't there then. Do you have any symptoms now? I had one that was repaired along with my hyst and I really wasn't even aware that it was there. I had other issues going on and at the time had never even heard of it so didn't know to look for anything.
One of the most commom complaints is constipation. It can become difficult to empty your bowel depending on the severity of the rectocele. Many women also have discomfort from pressure felt in the pelvic floor. If you aren't experiencing these yet you may be just fine to wait and not worry about repairing this for a while. You're dr was wise to caution you about lifting. There is no sense risking making this worse.
Here is a link that discusses Rectoceles and gives a more detailed explanation of what you're dealing with and what to look for.
I hope this helps and it won't be a big problem for you.
's,Rita
Unread 07-17-2006, 08:53 PM
question about rectocele

Hi preciouspearl.Well constipation is not a problem. I do have some sharp pain that seems to be inthe rectum area but I was thinking it was a hemoriod it kinda feels like hemoroid pain but it isn't too worrisome.Maybe I just need to be watchful, I will check out the rectocele threads thanks for pointing me in that direcion!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-18-2006, 12:18 AM
question about rectocele

My feeling is to get a rectocele treated when it starts to bother you....and you will know when that is, believe me. I had a cystocele return, but it was 3 years before it became troublesome so I did put off the evil day.
My main issues were discomfort, feeling of sitting on something, bulging at the anus, difficulty keeping clean and incomplete bowel movements...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register