LAVH Infection and Discharge | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Infection and Discharge Infection and Discharge

Unread 12-12-2015, 09:59 PM
Infection and Discharge

Nov 27 I had a LAVH leaving this fit 43 year old to pull up quiet well.

Day 5, I discovered I have too many 'good' bacteria in my vagina. This in turn produced the most vial discharge that was less than accomodating in a day to day situation. By the time pathology reports enlightened me to this fact - we are now at day 11.

Dr suggested I use Multi-gyn product to balance my bacteria. As soon as I started, I could feel spasms and cramping in my lower abdomen. I also started feeling really light headed, upset stomach with an all over fatigue.

I continued upon this treatment for a full two days of ugliness. By now my Dr has sent me via snail mail for antibiotics in which I've switched to.

So I'm now at day 15, feeling still less than enthusiastic about life, but not feeling like I wish to vomit of pass out.

Has anyone else had similar troubles with infections - or am I just doing too much and this is my body - saying - Hey Slow down.

I am a very fit 43 year old, and am struggling to sit still but I do believe I am 'resting' to the full of my ability without physically doing nothing. By this I mean - I am making my own cups of tea, and showering, whilst my family do the bulk of chores.

I did walk 1km to the local post office on day 13 & 14. This was gentle - and I'm so used to running ultra marathons [eg excess of 50+km]. Training 6 days a week.

I'm puzzled. A little confused at how well I was doing - then all of a sudden I've just slid down hill in my well being.

Any advise would be most valued.

Thank you in advance.

ps/ Day 13 until now Day 16 all I have done is sleep the day away and read!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2015, 08:58 AM
Re: Infection and Discharge

I can't comment to the infection but I can to feeling depressed and out of sorts.

I am also an ultra runner and had this surgery mainly because the fibroids made it too painful to run. Now that I'm 22 days out I'm depressed as I can't run and it is my coping mechanis and my mood elevator😢
Unread 12-13-2015, 03:36 PM

OH my KatPants

thank you for sharing. I run in the morning and always come back on such a light happy mood. I now wake, groggy, annoyed, and just well - grumpy and still half asleep. Its tough - so tough.

I'm not sure how we get around this depressed feeling at all. I have a wonderful supportive group and i'm living thru my girl friends who are still running. I had hoped to volunteer at a race yesterday but I wasn't fit enough - I had hoped by rolling in others runners joy and tears that this could get me through a few days.

I guess on the bright side - we are both fit and healthy woman, with a strong pain threshold and bloody determined. Not every nutter would attempt to toe the line and do ultra marathons! So with that on our side, we will get through this.

We will be stronger, healthier women in a few months time, I just want to be able to get out and walk with out feeling like i'm about to spin out and cal apse. I swear if i could walk a few kms a day and then build on this - I would be mentally fine!

its this couch sitting that is annoying me.

you stay fabulous and I would welcome you to keep in contact and we can share our itch together!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2015, 06:34 PM

I doubt doing too much would cause infection. I would bet that whatever they used to cleanse the vagina put your vaginal flora totally out of whack. Also, if they gave you antibiotics in the hospital (I had a shot before and after surgery via IV) that could add to it. If the flora was off and your body was not able to correct it quickly enough, that could cause the problems you are having.

You are getting to the place in recovery where my vaginal swelling bothered me the most. That swelling could also contribute to the vaginal problem.

Starting from the day I came home, which was the day after surgery, I was up walking about every hour. I am not that active but laying on the bed was not helping my back and sitting in the chair did not help my vaginal swelling, so I would rest then walk around. I live in a motorhome so I would go outside and walk around gradually working up to around the park. Keep in mind I was 61 and fat, so not the runner like you but I still could not just lay around all day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register