TAH pain 3 weeks after hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pain 3 weeks after hysterectomy pain 3 weeks after hysterectomy

Unread 01-03-2016, 01:56 PM
pain 3 weeks after hysterectomy

Hi I am new to this thread. I had TAH on 12/11. Since day one I have a constant pain on left side right above my incision seems to ne where my ovary might be? It goes from dull to stabbing like a hot knife. Other than a very tender belly that I thought would be gone by now. I am sure most of how I feel is the normal recovery but that area on my left that is back in full swing bothers me. I have my 4wk follow up appt this Thursday. I don't think I am ready to go back to work as planned but if this is going to go on for a while then I may have to and just deal with the pain. I just don't want to mess anything up because I have been very good at doing pretty much nothing. Did a little bit yesterday and hurt all night and today. All I did was sit at my desk a little and washed and folded a few loads of clothes. Did not carry heavy laundry so I didn't feel I did anything wrong. Just getting frustrated also wanted to note that he removed my tubes as well but not ovaries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2016, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banada View Post
Hi I am new to this thread. I had TAH on 12/11. Since day one I have a constant pain on left side right above my incision seems to ne where my ovary might be? It goes from dull to stabbing like a hot knife. Other than a very tender belly that I thought would be gone by now. I am sure most of how I feel is the normal recovery but that area on my left that is back in full swing bothers me. I have my 4wk follow up appt this Thursday. I don't think I am ready to go back to work as planned but if this is going to go on for a while then I may have to and just deal with the pain. I just don't want to mess anything up because I have been very good at doing pretty much nothing. Did a little bit yesterday and hurt all night and today. All I did was sit at my desk a little and washed and folded a few loads of clothes. Did not carry heavy laundry so I didn't feel I did anything wrong. Just getting frustrated also wanted to note that he removed my tubes as well but not ovaries.
I had my surgery on the 7th of Dec TAH . It has certainly been much more painful than I'd anticipated. It's major surgery and very frustrating to recover from. If your worried ask you Dr for an ultrasound to be on the safe side. I had stabbing pain a few weeks ago which turned out to be a bladder infection. I'm now 4 weeks today and have had a few more better less pain days but it's always in the back of my mind. Depending on where you work, you may want to hold off a little longer. Yesterday I was a passenger in the car for 1.5 hours and wouldn't do it again in a hurry for that length of time. Sitting too long hurts for me. Best wishes for a full recovery
Unread 01-03-2016, 04:51 PM

Hi there! I too had stabbing pains last week. I could not tell what was actually the source as everything in that region is in pain. I went to my doctor last week and it was a UTI. I'm on antibiotics and I requested a refill on pain meds as my pain seems to be worse at night. A trip to see the doctor maybe worth while.

Hugs to you and happy healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2016, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi75 View Post
I had my surgery on the 7th of Dec TAH . It has certainly been much more painful than I'd anticipated. It's major surgery and very frustrating to recover from. If your worried ask you Dr for an ultrasound to be on the safe side. I had stabbing pain a few weeks ago which turned out to be a bladder infection. I'm now 4 weeks today and have had a few more better less pain days but it's always in the back of my mind. Depending on where you work, you may want to hold off a little longer. Yesterday I was a passenger in the car for 1.5 hours and wouldn't do it again in a hurry for that length of time. Sitting too long hurts for me. Best wishes for a full recovery

Thanks Heidi! It is harder and longer than I ever expected. I get the car ride too. Thanks for your advice. I will write after my appt on Thursday.
Unread 01-03-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbiddy76 View Post
Hi there! I too had stabbing pains last week. I could not tell what was actually the source as everything in that region is in pain. I went to my doctor last week and it was a UTI. I'm on antibiotics and I requested a refill on pain meds as my pain seems to be worse at night. A trip to see the doctor maybe worth while.

Hugs to you and happy healing.

Thanks so much. I am glad to hear it is not just me with pain. I haven't been taking any meds since first week because nothing helps anyways with the exception of ice. Glad I am going to my appt on Thursday, I am sure that will ease my worries. I am just used to running around non stop and working so this has really set me out of my comfort zone. I will be in touch Thursday. thanks again!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register