I vant to be aloooone! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I vant to be aloooone! I vant to be aloooone!

Unread 06-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I vant to be aloooone!

I can totally relate. This is a time where you need peace and calm. Especially if you're feeling nervous & emotional. Sometimes even well-meaning family and friends will say something that comes out wrong, and you don't need to add being upset about that to all the other stress.

Twenty-two years ago, when my mother had her hyst, I was a freshman in college and felt really bad that I couldn't be there. I called her on the same day as her surgery, and it really wasn't a good idea. She was groggy and couldn't really talk; she probably just wanted to sleep, and I may have woken her up. I was really freaked out, because she sounded awful, and it scared me. So maybe it's best to ask kids, even older kids, to stay away & not call for a day or two, for their sake as well as your own. As long as someone can reassure them that all is well, and you'll be up to seeing them soon.

DH and I haven't gotten around to talking yet about this. Neither of us has family close by, and I probably won't be in the hospital more than a couple nights at most (having lavh). But my parents are coming out, and we asked them to come a few days after the surgery, when I'll probably be home already.

Take all the space you need!!!

Leslie

P.S. - I was in the garden store a few weeks ago & saw one of those decorative carved resin "stones" that said: Friends welcome. Family by appointment.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2004, 04:27 PM
I vant to be aloooone!

My sister and 85 yr old mom sat all day waiting for my surgery to end ( went in at 9, in my room around 12 but they were in pre-op with me at 6:30!) but when I was in my own room I asked the nurses to tell them I just wanted to sleep. I remember her asking me if I wanted them to go home and I said " I don't really care where they go, I just want to sleep"- in my head I was thinking maybe they want to go to lunch or to the mall, they don't have to go home! I felt terrible after I woke up aroud 4, thinking I hurt their feelings, but they both said they understood and as long as they knew I was ok they were fine!
Be sure to speak up and let people know what you want- you will need the rest and with all the nurses in and out taking vitals and checking things out, it is better not to have alot of people around. Tell them you will have plenty of down time in your own home where you can wear comfy clothes and be a little more hospitable!
Best of luck!
Unread 06-13-2004, 04:30 PM
I vant to be aloooone!

Hi everyone

I mostly agree about wanting to be alone before the surgery to get things straight in my head--so I don't go insane...lol! I agree with (((Edona))) as mentioned earlier about people driving 50 miles to see you at your worst......but you know--they won't come see you when you only live 15 minutes away from them! Go Figure!!!!

Anyways, I plan on staying in my room the evening before the surgery -- to be alone. Then everyone, I don't care who, can come see me in the castle or even after I get home. But I am sure, they will all come see me in the hospital...which is 75 Miles from where they live, and see me with my hair all messed up and me all drugged up, but by the time I get home, they won't drive 15 minutes, 15 miles to come see me when I am looking better and probably not as drugged up. Go Figure!

Do what you want, and what feels right to you. This is YOUR time, before YOUR surgery......so I would do as "I" wanted to do!!! You are the up and comming not them!

Alle

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register