3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be having more complications in the later stages of my recovery? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be having more complications in the later stages of my recovery? 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be having more complications in the later stages of my recovery?

Unread 10-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be having more complications in the later stages of my recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelifenow View Post
3rd week was my absolute worse!! Id do one and two back to back for months before i want to do 3 again. And i agree with above, as you get more active swelling can get worse. But it will get better. Hang in there.
Well said loveinlifenow! It will get better.

the third week was my worst. But then it did get better. Hang in there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-11-2014, 03:58 PM
Re: 3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be having more complications in the later stages of my recovery?

It is great to know I am not alone in the 3rd week battle. However I have great compassion and empathy for those also going through the pain and bloating. Thank you to all who shared. Holly Kansas City
Unread 10-12-2014, 12:07 PM
3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be having more complications in the later stages of my recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michlynn47 View Post
I am glad to know that I am not alone. I am almost at 5wks post TVO/BSO and didn't think the recovery was going to be this hard or long ! My Dr made it sound like not that big of a deal, cleared me to go back to work (without seeing me) after 3 wks. I ended up getting him to agree to write me an excuse for time off until I hit 4wks. Went back to work Tuesday for only 5hrs but it seemed like 10 !! I had back pain, pelvic/abdominal pain and lots of belly swelling. I am scheduled to work Fri and Sat and am freaking out about how much pain I am going to be in afterwards.
I am taking IBU like it's candy but it doesn't really help much. Just the mental stress is getting to me. I am tired of not having any energy, feeling like I have gained 20lbs on my tummy. None of my clothes fit and trying to find something to wear to work is so frustrating. I am having major pity party for myself I
I am dreading going to work and am considering quitting my job. I got hired 2 wks before my surgery (they knew I would be out for recovery but hired me anyways) so I feel like I owe them but.....I just don't feel up to it and feel guilty if I have to take more time off to heal. Have no idea what I'm going to do ???
I feel like I "should" be feeling so much better by now ! I don't want this to take months or a year to just feel normal ???? Help
You poor lady I really feel for you. Sounds like your doctor needed to be more supportive and thorough with your post-op visits. Is there any way you can consult with his partner? My doctor has seen me each week of recovery so far. It is insane that your doctor released you to work so soon. You and your health come first. Try talking with your boss or hr and explain your circumstances. If they don't understand, do you still want to work there? Holly Kansas City
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2014, 05:19 PM

I wish my Dr had a partner to talk to but no such luck. As far as work....well, I ended up quitting. My BF was very supportive and upset that he could see I was struggling with going back to work so soon and encouraged me to take more time off. My boss was actually very understanding but they really needed help right now and didn't feel right about having them hold my job for me. I really need the extra time off, like my BF keeps telling me, "you only have 1 chance to heal, don't push it, take care of yourself" ....so that's what I'm gonna do. I can't wait till my 6wk check ...praying he tells me everything looks great and it's ok to be intimate and life turns around Not sure what I'll do if it's painful and not good....not sure I can deal with that
Unread 10-13-2014, 02:14 AM
3 weeks post hysterectomy: Should I be having more complications in the later stages of my recovery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michlynn47 View Post
I wish my Dr had a partner to talk to but no such luck. As far as work....well, I ended up quitting. My BF was very supportive and upset that he could see I was struggling with going back to work so soon and encouraged me to take more time off. My boss was actually very understanding but they really needed help right now and didn't feel right about having them hold my job for me. I really need the extra time off, like my BF keeps telling me, "you only have 1 chance to heal, don't push it, take care of yourself" ....so that's what I'm gonna do. I can't wait till my 6wk check ...praying he tells me everything looks great and it's ok to be intimate and life turns around Not sure what I'll do if it's painful and not good....not sure I can deal with that
Keep on keeping on. Things will get better even if you have doubts right now. Hang in there.��
Unread 10-21-2014, 01:52 PM

Tomorrow will be 3 weeks for me. I thought I was fine until yesterday when I had my first meltdown!!! Apparently I now have CDiff as well!! I am passing clear tissue in mass form with blood. Anyone else doing this or heard of it?
Unread 10-22-2014, 07:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribbit View Post
Well said loveinlifenow! It will get better.

the third week was my worst. But then it did get better. Hang in there.
Thanks for your support. I also contacted an infection. Oral antibiotics did no take it away. I ended up on an out patient basis receiving five days of Iv transfusions antibiotics and feel great!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register