Surgery delayed! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery delayed! Surgery delayed!

Unread 10-20-2008, 07:54 AM
Surgery delayed!

I had a voicemail on my cell when I got out of work Friday stating that my surgery for 10/21 has to be rescheduled. So I call them this morning and the doctor hurt himself and is off for about a month, they will call me in November to reschedule! I am just a wreck. All the prep I did at work and home to prepare for surgery tomorrow! I thought I had my last period, now I am sure to have another one, that alone is enough to put me in tears. This is really messing with my emotions! Sorry if I am venting in the wrong place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Surgery delayed!

OH, I am so sorry, Does your Dr. have another associate that works with him that could possibly do the surgery for you?. This is awful and to have to wait at least another month when you have already pscyhed yourself up for this to happen tomorrow. I know the dread about having to go through another period.

I am dreading this myself, I planned my TAH for 12/9 so I could be off for the holidays and have my DD home to help me out and I am also dreading the next 2 periods that are due for me as well. My next one should be starting next week.

I had a D/C done on Aug 19th and it did not help my severe bleeding at all.

Is there anyway you can call his office and see if someone else can do the surgery???

Doxun68
Unread 10-20-2008, 12:19 PM
Surgery delayed!

You poor thing! I don't know what to say except I'm thinking about you and praying for you!!!
Judy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Surgery delayed!

86gmc,

I am so sorry. I can imagine with everything you have put yourself through to prepare for this surgery and then know you have to wait all over again. I wish you all the best with this new wait.

Cristy
Unread 10-20-2008, 02:16 PM
Surgery delayed!

I am going to call the office tomorrow and see if there is someone they can recommend, but I am thinking by the time I set up appointments and whatnot, my doc will be back on his feet. Unfortunately, he is on his own, so there is no one else in the office to do it.

More than likely I would have been delayed anyway since I seem to have come down with a cold now.

Let's see, in the last 10 days, Aunt Flo, Uncle Flu and now Brother Cold.

Thanks for the replies.
Unread 10-20-2008, 03:08 PM
Surgery delayed!

((86gmc))

Thinking of you and hoping the month speeds by.

Hugs,
Buzylady
Unread 10-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Surgery delayed!

I can empathize! I was diagnosed after an all night ER visit. Then saw the first available OB as mine was on vacation. That OB said surgery needed to be done as soon as possible. When my OB returned 3 days later, he scheduled my surgery for over a month out. I was an emotional basket case!!! Plus, Flo stuck with me for almost 3 straight weeks - the fun never ends!

Prayers will be with you as you wait out the next month - frustrating as it will be. Try to focus on enjoying the good moments during that month - hard, I know, but it will help.
Unread 10-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Surgery delayed!

I know exactly how you are feeling and it sucks....
I had the same thing happen to me. A message on the answering machine from my Dr. rescheduling a month later. So now it is just a few days away and I have the last dregs of a cold and hoping I won't be cancelled again.
Only thing I can say to make you feel better is that i am not the slightest bit nervous this time. I am not feeling panicky, doubtfull, scared, not ready. I have had enough time to relax do an few extra jobs and have a weeks holiday too.
I hope that if it ends up that you have to wait the month that it works out for you too. I really do feel at peace about it all now, things happen for a reason, Good Luck
Oh I got another period in there too, and kinda wondering if there is going to be another one before Thursday.
I do sympathize.
Chris
Unread 10-30-2008, 02:06 PM
Surgery delayed!

Thank you for the encouragement and I have calmed down. I am really thankful for the extra time at work. I was not ready!

But I have another issue, I stopped bleeding the night before I was scheduled for surgery. This is the first time in nearly 2 years that I have not been at least spotting. Then I also caught a cold. These 2 things on top of the doctor being out on medical has made me second guess whether or not I should be doing this at all! Maybe those are signs telling me not to do it. I still feel the pressure, so I know my problems are not solved, but it sure does mess with my mind some more. I am guessing that my mind and body were preparing themselves for the surgery that I thought I was having. It has been nice, I still can't trust myself enough to not wear any protection, but it has been nice not having to check myself all the time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register