Who will I be ??????????? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Who will I be ??????????? Who will I be ???????????

Unread 11-02-2010, 09:46 AM
Who will I be ???????????

I am having surgery on Dec 2 wish it was sooner but it is what I have to do I guess
I am having worries about who will I be or become after it done ,like bleeding is all I ever thought about it was my world ,how do I get my mind to think on other things.
what will I be obsessed with after ,I know that all sounds pretty strange but having periods all the time is what I was .
I have also decided to take it all out ovaries and cervix included.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2010, 10:03 AM
Re: Who will I be ???????????

You will be a happier, stronger, healthier you! Do something fun with the money you would have spent on tampons and pads like get manicures or do a special dinner out. I am 2 weeks post-op today and wish you the best!
Unread 11-02-2010, 10:14 AM

Lori ... hopefully your surgery & recovery will be super smooth & easy for you.....And then... You need to have a party with the family or girlfriends or even just solo. You are going to find a whole new "YOU" one that can live her life with nothing to hold you back. A strong happy woman who can embrace life in any way she chooses. Just think.... you can take a trip without having to pack the pads! I swear mine almost had their own suitcase. People probably mistook me for someone in the Peace Corp taking surplus female supplies to a third world country

Wishing you lots of luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2010, 11:21 AM

I love "who I have become". Two months post op and I am still getting used to not having all the worry about bleeding issues. But since I have started to feel almost completely healed, I have a new positive outlook on life and have started to enjoy my freedom from my uterus. I often find myself smiling for no apparent reason now. "Who you will be" isn't something to worry about but rather something to look forward to! I wish you the best! The new you will be fabulous!
Unread 11-02-2010, 11:31 AM

Snow white, too funny! You will be freeeee! Free from worrying you're bleeding through your pad. Free to go to a concert, movie, shopping, and not be ruled by your uterus! Free to do a happy dance while strolling through the "feminine protection" isle at the grocery store. Good luck with your surgery and remember to rest, rest, and rest some more.
Unread 11-02-2010, 11:38 AM

I have had the exact same thoughts!! All my life has revolved around in the last 7 years is abdominal pain, bleeding, crazy pms, bleeding and bleeding. I jokingly said that I wouldn't have anything to talk about when this was all taken care of!

I'm six weeks into recovery and I'm still not completely trusting that I won't be bleeding anymore...it's weird! I'm trying to get it in my head that I've had a burden lifted and that I can do or be anything I want now because I don't have that sword hanging over my head.

I totally understand what you're talking about.
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:12 PM

You will be a healthier person! I am 19 days post-op and cannot wait for my new life to start!
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:43 PM

You can be obsessed with the ability to go and do whatever you want to without the added "necessary supplies." Maybe even obsess about fancy panties that wont get ruined.
Unread 11-02-2010, 12:50 PM

thanks everyone I so just need this to be done with
I have been put on progestrone that usally will build me up to have a period well I have been bleeding for 2 months now and it has gotten heavier the past few days I feel like I should stop the progestrone and just have my period . I so hate the unknowing of what to do.
I can't wait to have a party in the pad isle or you what just to get nake without wondering if there will be a built in pool where I go .
thanks again
Unread 11-02-2010, 02:50 PM

i took a trip to italy this summer and bought some adorable leather purses in florence....but i havent been able to use them because they arent big enought to carry around "supplies".... cant wait to break them in after surgery!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register