Abdomin feeling so full and swollen??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Abdomin feeling so full and swollen??? Abdomin feeling so full and swollen???

Unread 12-30-2013, 08:52 PM
Abdomin feeling so full and swollen???

Just wondered who else has felt or is feeling full, swollen, and bloated and what is the cause of you feeling this way. I have about a month to go before tubal removal/D&C/ablation The only thing I see when I start to search for why I feel this way leads to ovarian cancer. That has already been ruled out for me with the CA 125 test. I have a confirmed fibroid on my cervix but no indication of what's going on in my uterus until I have the hysteroscopy. So what else could have my abdomen feeling so full/bloated/gassy....do uterine fibroids/polyps do that too?
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2013, 06:24 AM
Re: Abdomin feeling so full and swollen???

Yes, fibroids make you feel that way. I would strongly suggest you request a pelvic ultrasound. If you have a large or several uterine fibroids, you may want to consider a hysterectomy. Personally I would not want a second surgery if the procedures you are going to have fails. Having a fibroid on your cervix could be an indication of more fibroids. I also had a fibroid on my cervix that caused extensive damage so my cervix was removed during my hysterectomy. I also had a monster fibroid in my uterus that caused the symptoms you describe and more.

Lets face it. No one "wants" a hysterectomy, but in many cases there is no other option just procedures to prolong the inevitable. Mine was an emergency because I was dead set against a hysterectomy. My life today, a little over a year since the surgery is filled with fabulous vacations where I don't have to bring a separate suitcase for sanitary products.

Discuss this with your doctor and have the necessary testing so there are no surprises and disappointments.
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:08 AM

Thank you, I already had an ultrasound but the lining in my uterus is too thick for the Dr to determine what else is going on in there. I also have a cyst on my ovary as well. I did go for a hyster consult and the surgeon strongly suggests I try this first because I'm too young,34. Also they are worried about the pelvic floor thing because they would have to remove my cervix and of my age. I would just rather have the hyster but they want to see if this works first. Can you please share your symptoms? I have painful periods, heavy irregular bleeding, bleeding for months at a time in fact. Back pain, and bloating, feeling full...Thank you
This site is so helpful
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetcharity79 View Post
Thank you, I already had an ultrasound but the lining in my uterus is too thick for the Dr to determine what else is going on in there. I also have a cyst on my ovary as well. I did go for a hyster consult and the surgeon strongly suggests I try this first because I'm too young,34. Also they are worried about the pelvic floor thing because they would have to remove my cervix and of my age. I would just rather have the hyster but they want to see if this works first. Can you please share your symptoms? I have painful periods, heavy irregular bleeding, bleeding for months at a time in fact. Back pain, and bloating, feeling full...Thank you
This site is so helpful
Hey there, fibroids can sure give you those symptoms. I had the painful, irregular periods, back pain, pelvic pain and towards the last few months a full and bloated feeling plus a mean ache in my rear! Heartburn and indigestion were also an issue literally due to my uterus squishing the living daylights out of the rest of my abdomen. It was uncomfortable to bend forward and eventually doing up my shoe laces became impossible so hello slip-ons! All this was due to multiple fibroids and a whopper ovarian cyst. Get as many opinions as you possibly can, this website is also a terrific resource. Good luck for whatever you decide.
Unread 12-31-2013, 07:37 AM

All of those symptoms you describe could have been written by me. I had them all. Then came the "flooding". My house and a few other choice places looked worse then a CSI crime scene. It became an emergency for me when my massive fibroid, (14lbs.) had it's own blood supply and was literally feeding itself. It had stored 2/3 of my blood supply, caused 2 strokes from low blood flow to the brain, (not from a clot) dropped my hemoglobin to a 5 and required 4 blood transfusions before being transferred to a specialized hospital and surgeon 3 days later and 2 hours away. My case made it into the medical journals. It is EXTREMELY rare. I was 51, now 52 and in great shape.
Unread 12-31-2013, 08:30 AM

I felt that way! It was horrible, could hardly eat! It was my uterus filled with fibroids. I feel MUCH better after my hyster!! Good luck to you!
Unread 12-31-2013, 08:32 AM

I am experiencing all of the same symptoms. I feel so disgusted and uncomfortable most times. My gyno told me that the fibroids are the cause. I am scheduled to have a procedure done next week to check and see if I have polyps as well. I had a d&c five years ago, but I began having these really horrible symptoms this past July. That simple outpatient procedure didn't last too long. My gyno kind of touched on a hysterectomy but like she said we won't talk about the options until she sees what the test results show. Sorry to hear what you're going through. It's tough. I know it is for me.
Unread 01-01-2014, 02:12 PM

Thank you for the input guys, it is appreciated. I really want the hysterectomy, I feel it is inevitable. My GYN and myself are for it....the surgeon and my fiancé are against it. They feel why go through all that if it can be fixed by this "simple" procedure. Bla bla....lol I feel with a fibroid on my cervix the d&c with ablation will not fix it. I just can not wait to find out what is in there causing me so much discomfort. Stay well xoxo
Unread 01-01-2014, 03:13 PM

Fibroids definitely can cause you to feel bloated, full and swollen.

I had a hysterectomy on 12/18. I already noticed the difference in the way my tummy looks. My uterus was very enlarged almost doubled in size. I now realize why my sit ups did absolutely nothing for me.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register