Two days to go, can't sleep again | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Two days to go, can't sleep again Two days to go, can't sleep again

Unread 12-27-2000, 03:19 AM
Two days to go, can't sleep again

It's 4am and I can't sleep again. I survived a bowel prep and two hours on the x-ray table yesterday.I had no idea how exhuasting that could be. At my pre-op visit I mentioned a slight abnormality I have (double ureters from each kidney to bladder)since I didn't want her to nick something important. Silly me I thought it would be in my chart but no. She wanted to see for herself. Thus I had to miss Christmas dinner. Sure is hard to cook when you can't taste as you go. DH had to do all the tasting for me. When family sat down to eat I went out for a bike ride.Trying to get in as much riding as I can before surgery. Anyone else out there have trouble sleeping? Two days to go and if I keep up this insomnia maybe I won't need anesthesia, I'll just pass out on the OR table.Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2000, 05:02 AM

Nancy,

I remember those nights so well. Although I am 15 months post op, I still remember those sleepless nights. Try to do something relaxing, take a long hot bath. It will all be over very soon and you will be repeating the words that so many of us keep telling all the LIW ....... "The WAIT is Truly the HARDEST part"

Wishing you the best with your surgery.
Unread 12-27-2000, 07:06 AM
I remember those nights

Well I'm 31/2weeks post-op. I remember right before my surgery how hard it was to sleep. LisaM is so right the WAITING IS THE HARDEST PART!!! Go for a walk anywhere you can , take a bath Also you might want to call your dr. but what worked for me was tyenol pm i slept great right before surgery. I do not regret having it done. I know its easier said than done but it really is nothing the first week is the roughest ,and there are a few bumps in the road but really i feel pretty good as long as i take it easi. You will be in my thoughts and prayers good luck RELAX!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-27-2000, 08:34 AM

The night before my surgery, I got about 2 or 3 hours of sleep. I was here until 10 pm, then I fell asleep on the couch, only to be awaken by my son at 12:00, who wanted my place. Then, it took me 3 hours to go back to sleep and I had to be up at 5:00 am so I could get to the hospital for 6:15 (just barely made it, in a snow storm!!!)

We can't say it often enough: Waiting is the hardest part of hysterectomy.

Try and relax (I know, easier said than done). Soon, you'll a beautiful crowned

((((hugs))))
Unread 12-27-2000, 08:37 PM

I will say it again the Waiting Is the Hardiest Part...I waited since Sept. to get my surgery and just a week post op now and the waiting really was the worse.
Hang in there it will be over soon....
Unread 12-27-2000, 09:19 PM

It's twooooo! The WAITING is the worst part!

Sleep? Why alter the habits of generations of HysterSisters? Just ask any post op Princess how many MORE hours she was able to log on to this site with her inability to sleep. Imagine the possibilities, if you will. All the answered questions you'll find. All the new things to be nervous about. The options are endless and without that lack of sleep you'd miss it all.

All kidding aside. There are so many ways your doc can help you get some rest. What I would personally like to suggest is that you try to find a way to bring some "peace of mind" to your life in the few hours or days left. I'm convinced that our attitude going in will affect greatly our results and recovery on the other side. It won't be long now, and you're not alone. Find peace in that.

I hope that your surgery goes as smoothly as mine and that your recovery goes as well also.

BTW... I didn't sleep hardly at all before my surgery. I've had plenty of time to make up for it ever since.
Unread 12-27-2000, 09:40 PM

Thank you one and all for your advice and suggestions. Just one more day to wait. I'm off to bed now to try and catch some ZZZZZZ...

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register