Gallbladder problems anyone? I need help/advise. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Gallbladder problems anyone? I need help/advise. Gallbladder problems anyone? I need help/advise.

Unread 06-11-2006, 08:51 AM
Gallbladder problems anyone? I need help/advise.

About 4-5 months after my surgery I experienced ocassional bouts of mid-back pain that radiated to my belly button and increased fatigue. Now I have a constant ache right side upper back and abdominal area. I feel extremely full after eating just a little bit, and sometimes (but not always) the pain increases after I eat. It has gotten so bad that my right leg goes numb and my throat tightens up. The pain is not so bad that i can't function, but it is difficult and extremely uncomfortable. The only thing that seems to help the pain is to get moving (walking, mild to moderate exercise) and stop eating.
Has anyone experienced symptoms like this? Are these symptoms of gallbladder problems? I had an ultrasound of my gallbladder done and it was normal. Can you have a bad gallbadder and a normal ultrasound?
If it is my gallbladder, what kind of treatment is needed? If anyone has any ideas, experience, suggestions, I'm all ears!!! It is so frustrating to feel so awful and then go to the doctor and have them tell you everything's (ultrasound) normal, when you know darn well it's NOT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2006, 09:33 AM
Gallbladder problems anyone? I need help/advise.

Hiya hoolahoop My first piece of advice would be to keep a food diary...with gallbladder issues, the main foods that set it off are fatty ones, although I found that I couldn't eat too much protein as well. I'm not a dr, but I think it is possible to get some gall bladder problems without there being gallstones...don't take this as gospel though. The other thing that helped me was antispasmodics (I took buscopan before every meal) but make sure you talk to your dr before trying it. My gall bladder had quite a few largish stones and spasmed all the time, causing alot of pain. The buscopan didn't stop it entirely, but made it bearable. If I were in your shoes, I would probably do the diary (list symptoms as well as how long after a meal they took to appear) for about a week and then get back to your dr...just my own views though. Hope this is of some use to you. I had my gall bladder removed 2 1/2 weeks ago and was very happy to see the back of it! Take care and hope you feel better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register