Anbody not get a post op call from the hospital? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anbody not get a post op call from the hospital? Anbody not get a post op call from the hospital?

Unread 08-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Anbody not get a post op call from the hospital?

Am I the only one that did'nt get a post op call from the hospital or Dr?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2008, 09:46 PM

I didnt get anything from the Dr. I am Post Op a week today and got my call today. It was funny because she asked if I understood my discharge directions. A WEEK LATER!! Whatever!!! If you need something dont hesitate to call the good ol' doc himself.
Unread 08-21-2008, 10:10 PM
no call

No call post op from hospital. no surprise. They were just awful while i was in the castle .. why would they care now that i am gone? No information from doctor and nurses could care less... passed the buck every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-21-2008, 10:13 PM

I did not get a post-op call from the hospital or my doctor. I saw him one week after I my surgery. I am a nurse and am not aware of any physicians or hospitals that call patients for a follow up.
Unread 08-21-2008, 10:26 PM

I did get a call from the business office at my hospital as well. And my husband said that w few days ago the hospital left a message on the machine for a post op call? I guess I was wrong.. I did get 3 calls from the hospital. Nothing from the DOC. I go back to work on SEPT 02 my doc said that he would not see me for 6 weeks. I will have to see him before that to get signed off to go back to work.
Unread 08-21-2008, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaeylln
I did not get a post-op call from the hospital or my doctor. I saw him one week after I my surgery. I am a nurse and am not aware of any physicians or hospitals that call patients for a follow up.

This is the first time I have been an inpatient in the hospital I was in. I have had other surgery at other hospitals and always got a follow up calll the next day. When I was released from this hospital they didnt even give me discharge instructions just 5 pieces of paper with drug interactions on it. Thank God I educated myself with this site.
Unread 08-21-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleenz43
No call post op from hospital. no surprise. They were just awful while i was in the castle .. why would they care now that i am gone? No information from doctor and nurses could care less... passed the buck every time.

You sound like you had a very nice experience like I did.

If I asked the night nurse for something she acted like it was going to kill her to do it. Such nasty attitudes. Dr acted like he didn't have time to answer my questions. I bet he wont have a problem taking the time to cash the insurance check.
Unread 08-22-2008, 07:00 AM

I didn't get a call from the hospital or doctor when I got home. The morning I was discharged both the doctor and nurse spoke with me to make sure I understood the instructions. My doctor told me he would see me that Friday to remove the staples and that if I had any questions or problems to just call him. I had an awesome doc and a great hospital experience. I can't fault them for not calling since it is a large, teaching facility.
Unread 08-22-2008, 12:39 PM

HI TNOF,
You are going back to work on Sept 2nd? What kind of hsyter did you ahve? Do you feel well enough to go back? Just curious.
Thanks,
Unread 08-22-2008, 01:20 PM

I did not get a call either, but had good discharge instructions and an appt. with my doctor in one week (that's routine with my doctor.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register