Upcoming Hysterectomy 6/16 for prolapse at 24 (children mentioned) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming Hysterectomy 6/16 for prolapse at 24 (children mentioned) Upcoming Hysterectomy 6/16 for prolapse at 24 (children mentioned)

Unread 06-10-2015, 02:09 PM
Upcoming Hysterectomy 6/16 for prolapse at 24 (children mentioned)

Hey all, I will first start with what I am having done and why. I am 24 years old and just had my second beautiful baby seven weeks ago. During my pregnancy my bladder prolapsed. At my six week check up they found that everything had fallen (bladder/urethra, rectum, uterus/cervix and vaginal walls) with less than 1cm of tissue left down there. I am scheduled for a hysterectomy (hopefully be able to leave ovaries in) and complete vaginal reconstruction on June 16th. I am mixed between being heartbroken because we were not done having children to being thankful I had the experiences of having children.
My questions /concerns:
Has anyone had a hysterectomy AND reconstruction? How was the recovery and any tips?
What emotional preparation should I do for this?
Does anyone have vaginal mesh and what is your experience with this?
Since my ovaries will most likely being staying in, do I need to worry about feeling hormonal changes?
I have two children of my own and a gorgeous step daughter (ages all under 5) how soon should I expect to be back up on my feet and back to my normal stay at home mom routine?
I am fully breastfeeding my son, will I be able to continue after surgery? What hurdles should I expect with this?
Any advice and tips would help so much right now.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-11-2015, 08:59 AM
Re: Upcoming Hysterectomy 6/16 for prolapse at 24 (children mentioned)

Hi Kcombes. I am having my hysterectemy for many of the same reasons you are though I am much older (47). My bladder and uterus are literally falling out and I also need a rectocele repair. Did you discuss your desire to have more children with your doctor? I believe there are other options for repair that would still allow you to have more children. I don't know your situation, but it would be good to get a second opinion if you are unsure.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register