dVh while menstruating? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

dVh while menstruating? dVh while menstruating?

Unread 11-23-2010, 11:36 AM
dVh while menstruating?

My surgery date is scheduled the day my period is due. Does anyone know if it's possible to have a daVinci hysterectomy during menstruation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2010, 11:42 AM
Re: dVh while menstruating?

Shouldn't be a problem at all! Many of us have headed into OR because we had continuous bleeding and the surgery was the only way to stop it!

But just to be sure, let your doctor know about the timing. There have been some instances when a doctor has preferred to schedule for a different time for one reason or another. You would rather re-schedule in advance and not during Pre-Op at the hospital!

Unread 11-23-2010, 11:49 AM

My friend just had a DvH and she was on her period.
Obviously ask your doctor but I bet it won't be a problem. Here's hoping 'cause the chances of me being on are strong too since I have bleeding for months on end.
Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-23-2010, 12:00 PM

well, my original date was december 3rd before it was due and they just called to cancel that date because hospital had already put someone else in that slot. there's a chance of tuesday or thursday that week but that's when i'll be blessed with mother nature. this part is making me stress. I need a concrete date so i can plan properly. I am OCD afterall. heehee
Unread 11-23-2010, 12:02 PM

I understand the need to plan. I waited about 4 days after my appt. to hear what my date would be and it drove me crazy!
Unread 11-23-2010, 12:04 PM

Just make sure your doctor is aware of your visit from Aunt Flo so that they can make the right decision in your case to proceed with surgery or not.
Unread 11-23-2010, 12:12 PM

I actually called and left a voicemail adding that part. At first they told me about the slot oppening up on the 3rd on November 17th and I didn't get a call back until yesterday. I am pretty sure there was some ball dropping over the loooooooong weekend. I'm trying to be patient. everything happens for a reason.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register