A little help please? Constant spotting/bleeding and pain. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little help please? Constant spotting/bleeding and pain. A little help please? Constant spotting/bleeding and pain.

Unread 10-07-2012, 01:27 PM
A little help please? Constant spotting/bleeding and pain.

Hello, I am looking for information about my options. I am only 21 and I do not want nor have I ever wanted children. I also have GID (Gender Identity Disorder) so I am taking testosterone to combat that. This makes what is happening to me even stranger, and my doctor and endocrinologist both can't understand why I would be spotting every single day with my hormone levels as they are.

In June I began to bleed every single day, and back then it was just light spotting. Pain came and went, and tylenol, ibuprofen, etc did nothing to alleviate it, so I had to use Midol with naproxen sodium in it.

I went to the doctor and they determined that I had a soft cervix and was bleeding both red blood and brown, dried blood mixed in with it. This is still going on, although now all of the blood is red.

The doctor determined no other abnormalities during my pelvic exam and they did tests to rule out pregnancy, stds, and cervical abnormalities. They also checked my hormone levels and determined my estrogen/progesterone/testosterone all were within levels that would not cause that bleeding, and even stated it should be IMPOSSIBLE for me to bleed, due to the high testosterone (I am taking it as advised by my doctor).

I had another appointment for the doctor in October, in an office where I could get the ultrasound they said that I really need.

Symptoms got worse. I developed heartburn and when I urinate I need to 'push' for the last of my stream to come out, or it won't. When my bladder is full or I am needing to have a bowel movement, the pain becomes much worse. If I remain still and calm, sitting down at home all day, only the bathroom needs or sometimes a change in position cause the pain, but when I am active or working it is almost constant.

The pain is worse when I am laying on my stomach or bent over on hands and knees. It is so bad that I must wear my pants low and no underwear due to the waistband, because pressure causes even more pain. Another thing that causes the pain would be if my seatbelt touches me, so I have to hold it away from my stomach in the car.

I began feeling nauseous and about to pass out, so I rushed to the emergency room. My heart was racing and up to 160bmp, so they hooked me up to the ekg. They took tons of blood and did blood tests and urine tests. They also did an ultrasound, which showed that my uterus is somewhat folded in half, not up and down but side to side. The ultrasound tech noted this to me, but the doctor told me the results came back 'normal' because there weren't tumors or cysts visible. They also did a pelvic exam and a CT scan, but no answers there.

They did a test for FSH and LH but the results are not in yet. The doctor said maybe it is anovulatory bleeding and that perhaps they could induce ovulation and it would go away. The problem is that testosterone PREVENTS me from ovulating, so wouldn't I have it go away and then the bleeding would come right back when my body doesn't ovulate on its own? They can't just keep giving me that shot.

Then I asked if there was a possibility I could get put on GnRH inhibitors to prevent my body from making its own hormones so that I wouldn't have this problem and he said if my FSH and LH are high then yes they could do that potentially.

My concern is, my uterine lining is only .2cm thick in some places and .4cm thick in others. I am pretty sure my body shouldn't be triggered to continue bleeding when that is the case.

More than anything, I just want them to take out those organs, as I have a long family history of reproductive disease, I am not using them for anything, and they are causing me a great deal of pain as well as emotional suffering.

I don't know what my options are. I can't afford to pay out of pocket and I don't know if insurance will cover this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-12-2012, 11:42 AM
Re: A little help please? Constant spotting/bleeding and pain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiousity View Post
I don't know what my options are. I can't afford to pay out of pocket and I don't know if insurance will cover this.
Hi Curiosity!

From what you describe, it seems like you have been through a lot and that's a shame. You are in the best years of your life, in my opinion, and certainly should be able to fully enjoy them.

As you are probably aware, a hysterectomy, like all major surgeries, is a very expensive procedure and not without serious risks. I believe that in most cases, physicians try to remedy gynecological problems with a less drastic, and less expensive, treatment plan. And some insurance policies require this before ultimately agreeing to pay for a hysterectomy. It sounds like you are in the process of looking into this with regard to your own insurance.

If you are not able to avoid a hysterectomy, I wish you an uncomplicated surgery and uneventful recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register