Feeling unwell no energy 5 week post op. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling unwell no energy  5 week post op. Feeling unwell no energy 5 week post op.

Unread 04-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Feeling unwell no energy 5 week post op.

Hi Im at 5 week post op and im feeling blah run down its the only way i can describe it did anyone else feel this way. Im not returning to work for another two and half weeks as i have a very physical job and Dr not happy for me to return until then. I went to the chemist and asked if i could take anything that would pick up me. They suggested Remifemin and said that my hormones may still be out of wack. I kept left ovary. Happy to hear from any hystersisters that may have felt this way.

Aussie Girl

Total Abdo Hysterectomy 1/3/11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Re: Feeling unwell no energy 5 week post op.

I went back to my active job right at 6 weeks. I remember at 5 weeks thinking, yikes, how am I going to do this? I started slow, and now at almost 8 weeks, I'm doing pretty well. I'm tolerating all the normal activities at work, and I'm just a bit tireder than normal at home at night. That last week or two off does wonders.
Unread 04-05-2011, 10:15 PM

Thanks Sarah im looking forward to the bounce back in the next couple of weeks .

Bron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:36 PM

I have to go back at 3 wks and 3 days. That means in 6 more days. I am scared to death since I too am feeling completely like the adrenelin vampire sucked me dry. I am trying, but it's difficult to do more than the simplest of tasks.
Unread 04-06-2011, 12:36 AM

Hi Sarah-anne I really feel sorry for you having to go back so early. Does your Dr agree with this. Mine is very strict as far as recovery time. Look after yourself you dont want complication down the track You have a very demanding job by the looks.
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:04 PM

I'm right there with you....I am tentatively scheduled to return 1 1/2 weeks from today (4 weeks post op after TLH/BSO....no energy, head/neck pain, occasionals dizziness and bad sleep due to no hormones! I fear I will cry all day the first day back to work!
Unread 04-06-2011, 01:56 PM

I understand how you feel. I am 5 1/2 weeks post op. I am going back to work in a couple of weeks and don't know how I will do it. I am suffering from depression and feel so tired and weak. It takes alot of energy just for me to get in the shower. I hope a couple of weeks makes a difference.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register