The great count down has begun | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The great count down has begun The great count down has begun

Unread 05-04-2013, 06:38 AM
The great count down has begun

I am counting down the days til I am finally free of constant pain and forever discomfort. 5/16 can not get here fast enough for me.
I finally had to break down and call the dr because Advil ect was not touching the pain. He called in an rx of pain meds to get me through til surgery, and they barley touch the pain, but at least they make it a little more bearable, and I can sleep at night, and make it through the day of standing 9 hrs on my feet. Even sitting bothers me, the only way I am truly comfortable is laying down, and it bothers hubby when I go lay in bed at 6pm, when he wants me to sit and watch tv with him.
I have a large fibroid in my uterus and the pain goes straight through to my back, and down my legs. I can not wait for relief from this...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2013, 02:18 PM
Re: The great count down has begun

I'm sorry you are having a rough time now, but the time will pass. It's not far away. Have you tried a heating pad for your back? That seemed to help my pain some both before and after surgery.
Unread 05-05-2013, 05:00 AM

Thank you for the great advice, it has helped some. I was able to spend a few hours out with my daughter yesterday shopping, something we have not done in months, and even went and saw my grandfather, whom I have not seen even longer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-05-2013, 05:36 AM

It sounds like we are having the same problems. I am scheduled for surgery 5/13. The pain in my lower back and down my legs have me limping around half the time. Unfortunately....I have to have a TAH with possible BSO. The doctor won't promise I can keep my ovaries given the size of my uterus!
Unread 05-05-2013, 01:35 PM

I wont see my dr again until the day before surgery, and we didnt talk much after he told me the big news. But If hes gonna take it, take it all. I dont want to go down this road again. My babies are almost grown, and I def dont want more, I just want to feel like me again, which after talking to a friend today, I havent in years.

my thoughts will be with you on the 13
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:21 PM

Im in the boat. I go in on the 16th and cant wait to be done with all this. I get alot of pain too. Im on my last period now. I think my body is try to fit all the period I wont have in this one. I will be think of u all.
Unread 05-06-2013, 05:40 PM

I feel like my body is starting to rebel knowing something is about to happen because itsdoing all kinds of scarey things
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:21 PM

I never realized the back and leg pain that I have learned to live with are related to the fibroids, enlarged uterus and ovaries with cysts I have. With surgery next week, I have had to switch from my Aleve & 800 mg of Ibuprofen to Tylenol and it really doesn't do much good. So glad that surgery is around the corner.
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:52 PM

Tylenol doesn't touch the pain! I start my period later this week (surgery 5/13) and this is going to be a difficult 6 days.
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:10 AM

I am so right there with y'all, the only thing that seems to help is pain meds and laying down and a heating pad. by mid day I am doubling over from the pain, staring at the clock waiting for time to go home, which of course makes the day so much longer. 5/16 feels like its gonna take a year to get here. and of course, my last period is going to show its ugly head any day now, i never know, just have an idea when its gonna happen... lucky me

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register