Hysteroscopy anyone? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysteroscopy anyone? Hysteroscopy anyone?

Unread 11-28-2011, 10:34 AM
Hysteroscopy anyone?

Any info on the hysteroscopy would be appreciated. Anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Re: Laparoscopy

Actually they did the hysteroscopy while I was under for the lap surgery. I had some bleeding for 3-4 days but nothing as bad as what I had before surgery. I didn't have any discomfort from that part of the surgery at all.

Good luck
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:18 AM

Thanks. I still dont know what will come of all this mess. I just wish it over . I guess for now my hysterectomy is on hold . UGH!I have to get the other first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-28-2011, 12:11 PM

MsMille, I had a hysteroscopy done a few weeks prior to my hysterectomy.

I'd gone in for a uterine ablation and the first part of that is to do the hysteroscopy and, I guess, look around. They also take a tissue sample. The standard procedure is to shoot up the cervix with ropivacaine (like lidocaine, but safer). Then they dilate the cervix and insert the instruments. For me, there was a small amount of pain; most people feel nothing.

The doc managed to get the scope and tissue sample done, but I had a severe allergic reaction to the ropivacaine. (If you have any sort of seizure history, be SURE to discuss this with your doctor and have him examine the risks this drug might present you...it's very safe for MOST people - but not all)

I'd question the need to do a hysteroscopy laparscopically (don't, however, say it ten times fast). There may be a reason or need to do it that way, but be sure you find out why!!
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:22 PM

Sozo, Thanks. I am going in to have the hysteroscopy and endometrium sample on the 5. I had a hystosonogram and it showed a few places that werent normal . He wanted to do an ablasion as well but my insurance wont allow one with out the other done first. So, he is doing the hysteroscopy . I had a problem with bleeding and painful periods so I was taking the pill that stop the periods for 3 months and then have on .I had my tubes tied and it didnt help. Back on pill I go . I began having breakthrough bleeding and then in October I had a period for a whole month . He said it was way too much and ordered hystosonogram . I should have RAN !! I was in so much pain from that . I will never forget that . I have had so much done to my female area its sad. I cant enjoy my marriage because of bleeding .I go in to outpatient to have the hysteroscopy on 5. I will probably end up with a hysterectomy anyway . I thought it was that at first . But its not. Thank you for the info.
Unread 11-28-2011, 03:03 PM
Re: Hysteroscopy anyone?

The hysteroscopy can be a good diagnostic tool so a doctor knows what is going on inside the uterus. The results could allow you and your doctor determine if a hysterectomy would solve the problem or not. Or, it can help determine if your own surgeon has the skills necessary to proceed with any treatment. For instance, the results could suggest that you would be better to consult with an oncologist.

I had a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, and exploratory laparoscopy during the same OR visit to determine exactly what was causing my symptoms and bleeding. We wanted to know if the problem was in the uterus, outside the uterus, or a combination of both. The results, endometriosis, helped my doctor and me make the best treatment decisions for me.

Unread 11-28-2011, 03:33 PM

Thank you for the insight . I am as we speak having a hot flash . lol. I am doing the best I can to not freak out and think its cancer . My obgyn said he could tell me it wasnt when he seen it on the sonogram . I am concerned as to why they can never find my ovaries? I had an internal external ultrasond and they said they couldnt find them . I was told again this time during the hystasonagram .My obgyn said he tied my tubes and didnt remove them . lol. I guess they are hiding . lol. My cuz thinks they are behind a fibroid or something . I wont know until after the . I hope he finds out and fixes me whatever he has to do he can . I trust him .
Unread 11-28-2011, 04:30 PM

Ultrasounds are not infallible and since the ovaries can float around they can hide!

Though you trust your doctor, have you gotten a second opinion yet?

By the way, many, many things can cause hot flashes besides hormonal issues including spicy foods, hot drinks, alcohol, blood sugar issues, and stress, just to name a few!

in there!

Unread 11-28-2011, 06:04 PM

He is my second opinion . My first just wanted to put me on ponstal which I refused .I have had many issues leading up to this . I chose this obgyn because he also has my cuz as his patient an she is doing great.He knows our family history of breast cancer and the cervical precancer issues we have had . He said although its not documented cervical cancer and such issues issues do not run in familes. He now sees how it does in ours. He is the kind of doc that just tells you straight up and asks you what you want first . I tell him hes the doc and whatever he thinks is good I am fine with it .Thanks for the info on hot flashes.My mom was my age when she started having them .I didnt realize the ovaries were that hard to get on film . I gotta have some humor or cry. Thanks.
Unread 11-29-2011, 06:03 PM

Getting a bit nervous. People at work are asking questions. I have been crampy and ill all day today . I cant sleep anymore . I am a mess. I dont know what to tell people . I just say I dont know what the doc is gonna do . My hubby and I had a huge fight yesterday . I cried and cried . I feel like hes not gonna love me anymore because of all these issues with my health .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register