Back to work and very achey. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back to work and very achey. Back to work and very achey.

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:19 PM
Back to work and very achey.

I'm 6 weeks post op from a TAH and went back to work at 4 weeks. My body aches and I just fizzle out in the afternoon. By the time I get home, I am worthless. Is this just part of the process and when can I start feeling a little more energy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2010, 01:31 PM
Re: Back to work and very achey.

(((hugs))) I'm sure it all comes in time. Make sure you are fueling your body well,,,i.e protein and staying hydrated.
Unread 10-05-2010, 01:37 PM

thx. I know since I have been back to work I haven't been eating as well. I work 10 hour days and leave at 5:45 am and get home 5:45 pm Monday thru Thursday. Get home and just collapse. I probably need to get some easy things to fix to take to work cause just getting dinner at night for the family is more than I seem to be able to handle. I'm also on coumadin because I developed a pulmonary embolus 2 days after my surgery. Maybe the medication exacerbates the tiredness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2010, 02:26 PM

I would think most definately what youve gone through post surgery would have an impact on how you are feeling. Please check with your doctor and double check on what "things" you should avoid,,,for example I have heard that Broccoli should be monitored when on coumadin. Check on websites for some great protein shakes,,,they should have around 30grams/serving with lower caleries/sugars/carbs. Print out the nutrition/ingredients labels and show them to your doctor to be on the safe side. My husband and I are very avid gym goers and the shakes are great for appetite control between meals without wasting calories and getting great nutrition. I wish you the best of luck, and cant wait to hear what the doctor has to say about things you should try for more stamina.
Unread 10-05-2010, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkp4 View Post
thx. I know since I have been back to work I haven't been eating as well. I work 10 hour days and leave at 5:45 am and get home 5:45 pm Monday thru Thursday. Get home and just collapse. I probably need to get some easy things to fix to take to work cause just getting dinner at night for the family is more than I seem to be able to handle. I'm also on coumadin because I developed a pulmonary embolus 2 days after my surgery. Maybe the medication exacerbates the tiredness.
I can't imagine going back to work at 4 weeks, let alone working a 12 hour day; I know I would go straight to bed and let everyone at home fend for themself. Luckily I am on disability for 8 weeks and then am taking a week vacation at home of sleep so I go back at 9 weeks and my doctor said even then I will be worth nothing energy-wise for another 3 months.

Take care of yourself and cut any corners you can to get the rest you need and deserve.

Let us know how you are doing.

Elaine
Unread 10-06-2010, 01:22 AM

I just returned to work the past Monday (4 week mark) and find that I am very tired at the end of the day. I take about a 45 minute nap at lunch to recharge and this helps. A quick meal that may work for lunch is the Noodle cups (found in the soup aisle) that all you do is add hot water. I start this about 30 minutes before my break so that it is ready to eat. It allows me the opportunity to have a quick meal and then get a nap. Another option would be the protein shakes (meal replacement shakes).

I know it will take a while to feel 100% but it feels good to be back at work. Remember not to push it too hard. Hopefully your fatigue will become less and less as time passes.
Unread 10-06-2010, 02:40 AM

Hi Ladies,
If you are working a 10 hour day you are working way too much for somebody just out of hysterectomy! If you can (ie. can afford it) work less hours for a while...you only get one chance to heal properly!
Also a note, eating heat up noodles is NOT good nutrition..its mainly salt and flavours/colours etc..its better to eat a sandwich you have made yourself than this junk food!
Your stamina will come back..it just takes time..I'm 4 months out and still get exhausted..hang in there!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register