Has anyone experienced NEW signs of RECTOCELE shortly after surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Has anyone experienced NEW signs of RECTOCELE shortly after surgery? Has anyone experienced NEW signs of RECTOCELE shortly after surgery?

Unread 01-29-2012, 11:54 AM
Has anyone experienced NEW signs of RECTOCELE shortly after surgery?

I am 2 1/2 weeks post-op total hysterectomy with Davinci. With my last 3 bowel movements, I am feeling a very low vaginal pressure pushing from back to front. I never had this sensation before. Has anyone else had this? Could it be rectocele? I am a little freaked out because I'm not having any more surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Re: Has anyone experienced NEW signs of RECTOCELE shortly after surgery?

You should definitely get things checked out with a doctor.

While you are waiting to see a doctor about this, hopefully you can stay calm by reminding yourself that it can be several months before bladder and bowel function return to normal. While they were removing our body parts, a lot of other things got pushed around and moved out of the way. Because they are no longer supported by the uterus, our bladders and bowels are in a different place than they were before the surgery.

One thing that has been very important for me is to make sure that I don't get constipated. I still take 2 stool softeners every day, and drink lots of water. Even then, I find my bowel feels lazy. It's still not where it was before. My doctor assured me that was normal, but I can't speak to the pressure you are feeling.

Let us know what you find out.
Unread 01-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Re: Has anyone experienced NEW signs of RECTOCELE shortly after surgery?

Thanks, Carole Anne. I'm not going to read too much into it yet. You are right. Everything is still settling in. I know I had some issues with my bladder for about a week post-op that concerned me, however, that has gone away. As far as the bowel movements, I am consuming more fiber than ever before, so things may just be different. Pre-surgery, I had very irregular BMs (sorry TMI) and now they are much more frequent b/c I am doing everyting in the world to prevent constipation. Maybe it's a new normal and nothing is wrong.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register